Move to WY just got better.... Check this out!!!

elks96

Long Time Member
As many know my wife and I are relocating to Lander WY. Mainly for a significant promotion in her career.

Today I accepted my new position. It is really exciting, I am getting a small pay increase, but that is not the High Light. My schedule at my new position gives me the Last Week of September and the First 2 weeks of October off every year for Fall break. Seriously, the last f archery and most of the Rifle hunts. For earlier hunts like antelope, I am a weekend warrior, but this is simply awesome...

What do you think about that as a perk?

I told my boss several times ?I quit?, when I drew a sheep, goat, or trophy deer tag!! They always found someone to cover, so I could go. Having it built into your schedule would be even better, and certainly easier on the home front! :)

Good for you! Hope you get lots of hunting in. You make me think about such a move....some day.

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
@mm_founder on Instagram
LIKE MonsterMuleys.com
on Facebook!

Welcome to Wyoming. just stay away from my spots. HEHEHE. If ya have questions about he Powell/cody area feel free to ask

Everyone is jealous ! Enjoy & have fun drawing good/great licenses after your year in Purgatory Hell ? the one year you are out of luck on draws? I think that sucks to high heaven, worst in all of the states I think !! Play /study the draw stars & always make sure you get good Antelope licenses around Lander !!
Jerry Gold ?????????

>Welcome to Wyoming. just stay away
>from my spots. HEHEHE. If
>ya have questions about he
>Powell/cody area feel free to
>ask

Do not worry about your spots, I do not shoot Dinks!!! HAHA only kidding. I am excited to explore a ton of new areas, however I love the areas around Baggs. It is an amazing area and as such it will be the focus of my efforts for a bit. Now fishing holes are another story, I can not wait to start fishing up there...

It is very exciting.

>Everyone is jealous ! Enjoy &
>have fun drawing good/great licenses
>after your year in Purgatory
>Hell ? the one year
>you are out of luck
>on draws? I think that
>sucks to high heaven, worst
>in all of the states
>I think !! Play
>/study the draw stars &
>always make sure you get
>good Antelope licenses around
>Lander !!
>Jerry Gold ?????????

So Jerry, I am sitting on 1 under max points for Elk and Antelope. I did not apply at all this year as a NR and plan to hunt next year as a NR. I am already researching areas to use my one under max points. Lots of options. Unless I am missing something, that is my plan.

Watch out for the local mounty and their speed trap coming into lander!!! Don?t ask me how I know

Sit tall in the saddle, hold your head up high, keep your eyes fixed to where the trail meets the sky...

Great plan ! Use those points to your advantage to bag the great licenses for elk & antelope before you declare residency as Wyoming-- then you are stuck as you know. For antelope--big bucks & great genetics-- unit 61 around Rawlins is super unit to consider for a # 1 pick.
Elk would be around the Cody area, maybe 58. I never drew a great elk tag even as a Resident for 9 years. Just bad luck drawing. Hope your luck there on elk is better ! Enjoy Wyoming as much as possible, fishing too. Seminoe Resvr is super but beware the wind there-- can change in 15 min to deadly nasty stuff. I'm envious like everyone else, Wyoming is like being young , enjoy it for all you can while you can ! Best of Luck !! ??
Jerry Gold
Ft Collins, Co

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom