MOUNTAIN MAN/YOUR THOUGHTS???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Wondering what you Guy's think they should do to Troy Knapp?

Guess He's gonna be his own Lawyer?

He's gotta be a tough SOB?

But when He started Firing Shots at police & a Copter........!

There was Rumors His Pack he was toting weighed nearly 200 lbs?

Anybody know if there's any Truth to that?

Or was it all a NEWS Reporter talkin out his Azz?

Your Thoughts?

My Thoughts:

I think this is one more person We'll Feed & House the rest of His Life!

Not sayin it's right,just sayin.........!

I used to know of places worth Hiking in to for Elk & Deer!
Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

If they treat him like a serious poacher, he'll be out by next year.

Give him a badge and make him a Game Warden. Takes one to catch one!

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Well Uncle sage!

You've got a Point there!

I'd suspect He'd be a Sneaky SOB as a Warden!:D

Would making Him be a Game Warden the rest of his life be enough Punishment?:D

Thanks to Illegal Bastards & the USFS not enforcing Rules you can Zing in to them Places on Wheelers now & not see a Damn thing!
But by GAWD it don't take long for them U-Tards to get there with all the Unethical BS and the New Technology!

I don't know, didn't follow the story but unless i miss my guess, he didn't confess to all that they THINK that he did. Might be they got all they need to put him away for a long time but then, he may be out sooner.

If he were an animal, there are groups out there wanting, willing, to protect, and then transplant more just like him.

Do they got the goods on him?

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Well sage!

I believe they got enough on him to put him away for a while?

http://www.ksl.com/?sid=27215364&ni...utah-cabin-thefts&fm=home_page&s_cid=queue-14

"..a man who is his own lawyer has a fool for a client."
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

This JOKER evaded the Law for quite some time!

He Damn near stayed in BIGJOHN'S Cabin!:D

I know they should Lock His Sorry Ass up & Throw the Key!

But do you really think it'll happen for any Length of time?

Seems these Days they turn some real serious Law Breakers out long before they should?

elkassassin, I just like your signature. Hits the nail on the head. The Utard mantality has crept accross the Idaho border. I just keep hiking from one wheeler trail to another thinking all the way, "lazy mother f'ers!!". Anyone have some extra roofing nails?
My opinion of the "mountain man" is: your cabin that is left alone in the middle of winter is fair game. Your trailer that you leave to save your special spot, is fair game. No, I would not dare touch it, but I have no pitty for those that are so oblivious and irresponsible.

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give him the antlers that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

My opinion of the "mountain man" is: your cabin that is left alone in the middle of winter is fair game. Your trailer that you leave to save your special spot, is fair game. No, I would not dare touch it, but I have no pitty for those that are so oblivious and irresponsible.

Maybe I read it wrong, but it's ok for someone to burglarize my cabin on private property because I'm not there in the winter? What about someone's suburban home while they are on vacation? I didn't realize I'm considered fair game...

He didn't exactly live off the land. He survived by living off of everyone else's supplies.People have made him out to be some type of super hero which he is not. He wouldn't have seen much time untill he chose to fire at them. I would like to here some of his stories though. Maybe I will get that chance sooner than later....

Imho this guy had some major mental issues. He is just not right in the head, and should not be compared to any normal man or outdoors man. He had issues with organized religion and law enforcement.As he broke into cabins. If he saw anything that was on the walls to do with ether. It would set him off and he would trash the place. He felt that if you where well off enough to have something nice. That you didn't really need it and that he was entitled to it.
I would like to hear his story sometime on what really happened.

"My opinion of the "mountain man" is: your cabin that is left alone in the middle of winter is fair game. Your trailer that you leave to save your special spot, is fair game. No, I would not dare touch it, but I have no pitty for those that are so oblivious and irresponsible."

Might be the most stupid comment I've ever seen on MM, and there have been some pretty good ones!
Plus you spelled "pitty" wrong.
In your words, it's ok if I find out where your house is and trash it while you were so irresponsibly at work??? WTF!

Traditional >>>------->

Looks like I missed a good post. I'd like to know who made that comment. That's one dude to keep an eye on.

He is in the wrong bottom line. But in a way I was sort of cheering for him before he got caught. Shooting at police and helicopters is not cool though. In a way hats off to him yeah he is one tough dude. I read a history on him earlier and it sounds to me like he never has had a home really before. Don't really know what the right thing to do to him is. Somebody needs to make a movie after him though.

Does anybody know where Mickymouse, post #8, lives and where he parks his rig...? lol

Fair Game? Lock your Daughters up guys, this guy don't think right!!

Joey

There's a book that will keep you awake at night, at home or in the wilderness. It has as a lot of parallel issues to the Utah Mountain Man and his behaviors.

http://www.monstermuleys.info/photos/user_photos/308851bz6ej0b8l._sy300_.jpg

This is a true story of a guy that goes "Bush" in northern British Columbia in the 1970/1980's. He kept a daily dairy so they when the caught him (the first time) he had all his thoughts, actions and his reasoning (of course his reasoning was "a bit off the norm") so the book tells what he was doing and why, while the rest of the world was trying to ignore him and then capture him.

Here a review that gives you a little insight. It's a lively and fascinating read, DON'T READ IT, IF YOUR A LITTLE UNSURE OF YOUR OWN STABILITY! It's a mind bender. Real life is far more spectacular than anything fiction writers can dream up.

5.0 out of 5 stars A madman and survivalist, January 15, 2013
By James Denny "History Guy1" (Catonsville, Maryland) - See all my reviews
(REAL NAME)
This review is from: Descent Into Madness: The Diary of a Killer (Paperback)
For more than ten years, "Sheslay Free Mike," real name: Michael Oros, lived free and outdoors year-round in the northern part of British Columbia and the southern Yukon. He hunted, fished and trapped. He also raided and stole from hunter and fishermen's cabins taking what he needed and what he wanted.

Like a king, Oros ruled "his" empire. He so terrified First Nations people during those years they had ceased hunting and trapping in areas where Oros was known to be present. When a German expatriate trapper relocated a trapline into his territory, he killed him in cold blood, shooting him in the back.

In "Descent into Madness," author Vernon Frolick tells the back story of Oros, the search for him, his capture, his court case, his return to the wild and "the rest of the story."

Oros was more than "bushy." In his extensive journal record Oros constantly referred to "sneak arounds" and "torture druggers" whom Oros belived were tracking his movements, spying on him and poisoning him. He had become paranoid which made him extremely wary of any human contact. It also made him a very dangerous suspect for Canadian law enforcement to try to bring in.

His descent into mental illness and paranoia notwithstanding, Oros mastered skills in hunting, fishing and trapping on his way to becoming a survivalist. He lived for ten years in the bush surviving long, cold, dark north country winters with well-honed wilderness skills, no small feat. It's a five star story!

Order and read this book while your watching the pending trial and life of the Utah Mountain Man roll out over the next couple of years. See if our courts react to Troy Knapp like they did Michael Oros.

BCBOY most likely knows all about this BC story, and likely knows of others still living amongst the lakes, rivers and lakes of interior British Columbia, this guy wasn't the first and won't be the last of his kind up there.

Sweet Dreams
DC

>elkassassin, I just like your signature.
>Hits the nail on the
>head. The Utard mantality has
>crept accross the Idaho border.
>I just keep hiking from
>one wheeler trail to another
>thinking all the way, "lazy
>mother f'ers!!". Anyone have some
>extra roofing nails?
>My opinion of the "mountain man"
>is: your cabin that is
>left alone in the middle
>of winter is fair game.
>Your trailer that you leave
>to save your special spot,
>is fair game. No, I
>would not dare touch it,
>but I have no pitty
>for those that are so
>oblivious and irresponsible.

Really, fair game? Can't believe you actually posted that...

Cutbow

Michael Oros was the guy who the book is about. My Great Uncle who died last year was one of the Canadian Mounties who was involved in the chase. I wish I would have paid more attention to him in his later years when he continually told the story of the Mounties work to get Oros. It's a good read in my opinion, an Oros was mountain tough for sure as well as crazy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom