mountain lions

T

tawstaxidermy

Cali, residents you now can bring home your mountain lion from other states , gov. brown passed a bill making it legal to bring home and stuff mountain lions , this great for all . guides, taxidermist, and wildlife .

LAST EDITED ON Oct-02-11 AT 11:25AM (MST)[p]Hmmmm. Are you sure about that?

Last I heard, the change to the bill pemits MUSEUMS and other non-profits to do it, not the general public. Was that changed?

Jerry Brown may have warned lawmakers that he has a veto pen and isn't afraid to use it, but that didn't stop him from approving a bill that allows museums and nonprofits display dead mountain lions.

On Friday, the governor signed SB769, sponsored by Sen. Jean Fuller (R-Bakersfield), which overturns a 1990 ballot measure mandating dead animals be stored with the Department of Fish and Game. According to the Sacramento Bee, operators of a Kern County museum can finally display a dead mountain lion that's been sitting in the freezer for years as officials grappled with the existing law.

SB 769 (Fuller)
Mountain lions: display, exhibition, or storage.
Proposition 117, an initiative measure approved by the electors at the June 5, 1990, statewide primary election, enacted the California Wildlife Protection Act of 1990. The act establishes that the mountain lion is a specially protected mammal under the laws of this state, and makes it unlawful to take, injure, possess, transport, import, or sell any mountain lion or any part or product thereof. The act establishes certain exemptions from that prohibition. The act prohibits the Legislature from changing the act, with specified exceptions, except by a 45 vote of the membership of both houses of the Legislature and then only if consistent with, and in furtherance of, the purposes of the act.

This bill would establish an exemption for the possession of a mountain lion carcass or any part or product of a mountain lion carcass, if the carcass or carcass part or product is prepared or being prepared for display, exhibition, or storage, for a bona fide scientific or educational purpose, at a nonprofit museum or government-owned facility generally open to the public or at an educational institution, if the mountain lion was taken in California consistent with the requirements of the act and any other applicable law and the department has authorized the possession. The bill would find and declare that the amendments made by the bill are consistent with, and further the purposes of, the act.

This bill would declare that it is to take effect immediately as an urgency statute.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

So let me get this straight- not only can you not hunt lion in CA, you can't bring one you legally hunted elsewhere home????

Seriously!!!

Pred

Crazy huh Pred?, That's CA for ya...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

It's true!

And we not only let the people who think this crap up VOTE.....we let them breed and raise children!!!

Within the shadows, go quietly.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-11 AT 12:02PM (MST)[p]Wow! Too bad for you great sportsmen from CA who are subjected to the whims of the crazy f'ers who think up the ridiculous laws!

I can't believe it's still part of the United States!

Zeke

PS: My son-in-law went to work in Cali. He took his rifle with his and promptly brought it back when he found out that it's illegal, for him, to have a gun there.

>Zeke
>
>PS: My son-in-law went to work
>in Cali. He took his
>rifle with his and promptly
>brought it back when he
>found out that it's illegal,
>for him, to have a
>gun there.

Is he a Felon?

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

No, he isn't a felon (although he drives like one. haha).

I was told, by him, that his guns needed to be registered in Cali (or the city he's in) and he's not willing to re-register his guns. He's not prone to exaggeration.

Any truth to what I was told?

If you know to the contrary then I'll pass it along to him.

Zeke

No, Long guns are not registered... Handguns are but they are not registered to the location of residence..

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:

Hmmmm, well, there ya go. Thanks for the Cali update.
It was a rifle and he brought it back "home".

I'll check with him and find out what grape-vine he heard that through.

Zeke

LAST EDITED ON Oct-03-11 AT 02:03PM (MST)[p]I'm not sure if it's still in effect, but I seem to recall all "assault" rifles and certain other stuff needed to be registered in CA by a certain date. After that no sales or imports allowed. Maybe that was the reason?

Persons who lawfully possessed assault weapons as defined by SB 23 prior to January 1, 2000 were required to either 1) register them with the Department of Justice between January 1, 2000 and December 31, 2000, 2) render them permanently inoperable, 3) remove them from California, 4) relinquish them to a police or sheriff's department, or 5) prior to December 31, 2000, sell them to a California licensed firearms dealer who possesses a valid assault weapon dealer permit. The Bureau of Firearms has made available a list of the SB 23 characteristics that define assault weapons. You may also visit the California Legislature website at www.leginfo.ca.gov/bilinfo.html for a full text version of SB 23, or telephone the Legislative Bill Room at (916) 445-2323 to request a copy of the bill. After reviewing the law, if you are still uncertain as to whether your firearm is an assault weapon under Penal Code section 12276.1 (SB 23), you should seek advice from either a firearms expert or an attorney.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Tony, you are correct about the "assault" rifles... CA has it's own definitions of an assault rifle...

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:

His has a black stock! I hardly think it qualifies as an assault rifle. He was probably just wrong about the laws for possessing a long gun.

Sorry for my error on my post. I did it in good faith but I was obviously wrong.

Zeke

>His has a black stock! I
>hardly think it qualifies as
>an assault rifle.

Hard to say without knowing more about it. If it's merely a M70, M700 etc., then it wouldn't fit CA's definition, thus no registration.

TONY MANDILE
48e63dfa482a34a9.jpg

How To Hunt Coues Deer

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom