Mountain Idiots

WannaB

Maybe this has been discussed...but I haven't seen it. Saturday night I was riding back to elk camp 15 mins after dark and up the road I see all these flashing lights. I was sure there had been an accident. As I got closer I realized it was a group of UTV riders with all those dumb-A antenna lights flashing various colors. In addition, All 8 machines were blasting music that was obviously loud enough to be heard over the loud exhaust.
I understand that the forest is multi-use, but shouldn't there be a limit to the abuse? I am sure deer and elk get used to standard ATV/UTV noises, but the rest of it seems like it would be extra alarming. Am I off base here? Would some kind of restriction on Forest/BLM be warranted or am I just being a "Karen"? I don't understand the mindset of such people, so if you are one of them...but all means, let me know why the hell you need ridiculous lights and loud music in the mountains. Mountains should be an escape from noise and lights. My $.02

UTVs with stereo systems and subwoofers. They pull into the parking lot at Moab Hells Revenge and you can't have a conversation with anyone until they leave. Sorry to hear this happens near Deer Camp.

I mentioned this a few years ago. In 2021 I received a Colorado Mtn. Goat tag. My friend got to the spot I wanted to camp at a day before me. He was glade that I got there a day after him. Some clown in a Can-Am came down by camp blaring mariachi music and had a spinning disco ball in back. He was afraid I would have used the disco ball as moving target practice. 🤣🤣

I Seen A Side X Side A Couple years Back During The COVID CRAP!

BIG CAN-AM!

LIFTED!

BIG TALL TIRES!

All 4 JOKERS Inside CAMOED To The Ass!

Tearin Up & Down Roads At WOT!

But By GAWD They Had Their .59 Cent MADE IN CHINA Dust Masks On!

They Had An Impressive Stereo System Blaring Away!

TURBO'ED & STRAIGHT PIPED!

JUDAS!

I was scouting down in AZ and had the pleasure of the Rockford-Fosgate company picnic landing about 2 miles away.

Blinged out toys and more speakers than I’ve ever seen outside of a concert. Only thing they didn’t have was one of those Mad Max bungee guitar dude rigs.

The elk and wild horses didn’t care.

My cousin and I were camped at Onemile Lake in the Marble Mountain Wilderness and a group of 5-6 gals and guys came in about dark and set up camp about 50 yards from us. They started partying with loud music and around midnight we'd had enough. I pulled out my .45 and fired off two quick shots. It got dead quiet. My cousin yelled out "WOUNDED BEAR HEADED YOUR WAY!" It was quiet the rest of the night. We got up before daylight and hiked out before the sun came up.

didn’t kuiu come out with the new whips color pattern to go with the new MT OPS hunt sound tract.. and the pod casters duche flutes flavors you have the trifecta.. now if they hit the pavement that’s where they have to worry as the DWR will be doing speed checks.

Can You Imagine The F'N WHINING?

I love it. The Ute reservation doesn’t let any 4 wheelers or side x sides on their land, including tribal members. The rest of the country ought to follow suite. I know hat will never happen but it would be nice if it was like the old days before them sums
A bit-he’s.

I use a SxS while hunting, but I'm also not an a$$hole... IMHO! I'll putt along until I get to the area I want to hunt or the trailhead. Once there, I usually won't be back at the rig until dark. I'm all for much stricter regulations/bans regarding usage and noise. Even though I much prefer to beat the hell out of the SxS than my truck. The noise of SxS's is definitely an issue, but the road/terrain damage that they are capable of, is the bigger issue in my opinion. People don't understand tread lightly and stay on marked roads/trails.

There is usually a large elk camp in an OTC unit I hunt near Gunnison. Typically 2-3 monster can am SxS's with straight pipes, turbos and obnoxious sound systems are in that camp. The driver's have zero regard for others. Two years ago, I parked at the top of what looked to be an abandoned, narrow two track. The snow hadn't been disturbed that season. I planned to walk it for about a mile and bail off to the West down into a drainage that runs into a road about 3 miles down. My rig was parked in plain sight at the top of the road. I thought that would give others a clue that someone was hunting the area. Nope! The Can Am's went flying past me to the end of the road, spun a few dozen donuts at full throttle and then hauled ass back to where they came from. I made sure to pick up the fruity seltzer cans that flew out of the rigs. By no means do I expect someone to not use an area because I'm in it. I am fully aware that public land is to be enjoyed by all. However, it seems consideration for others has really plummeted since SxS' and ATV's have become so prevalent and capable of going anywhere. I feel the pandemic also made people more inconsiderate and incapable of respecting others.

YES!

They Don't Wanna Scratch Their 130,000.00 Main Street 4X4 Pickup!

So They Put 50-70-K in To Their Big Bad Ass Machines!

The Rip The Lay Of The Land To Pieces!

With ZERO Respect For Mother Earth Or Anybody-Else!

Where's The COMMITTEE For This BULLSSHIT?

I use a SxS while hunting, but I'm also not an a$$hole... IMHO! I'll putt along until I get to the area I want to hunt or the trailhead. Once there, I usually won't be back at the rig until dark. I'm all for much stricter regulations/bans regarding usage and noise. Even though I much prefer to beat the hell out of the SxS than my truck. The noise of SxS's is definitely an issue, but the road/terrain damage that they are capable of, is the bigger issue in my opinion. People don't understand tread lightly and stay on marked roads/trails.

There is usually a large elk camp in an OTC unit I hunt near Gunnison. Typically 2-3 monster can am SxS's with straight pipes, turbos and obnoxious sound systems are in that camp. The driver's have zero regard for others. Two years ago, I parked at the top of what looked to be an abandoned, narrow two track. The snow hadn't been disturbed that season. I planned to walk it for about a mile and bail off to the West down into a drainage that runs into a road about 3 miles down. My rig was parked in plain sight at the top of the road. I thought that would give others a clue that someone was hunting the area. Nope! The Can Am's went flying past me to the end of the road, spun a few dozen donuts at full throttle and then hauled ass back to where they came from. I made sure to pick up the fruity seltzer cans that flew out of the rigs. By no means do I expect someone to not use an area because I'm in it. I am fully aware that public land is to be enjoyed by all. However, it seems consideration for others has really plummeted since SxS' and ATV's have become so prevalent and capable of going anywhere. I feel the pandemic also made people more inconsiderate and incapable of respecting others.

I had some guys gut and process a deer a hundred yards out my front door. Saw them parked there and didn't think much of it. The next night all the dogs had liquid $hit in the house. No common sense at all anymore.

Screenshot_20241012_112722_Facebook.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom