Moultrie Trail Cam Issue?

Joe2Kool

Very Active Member
Last week, all my Moultrie trail cam pics started automatically cropping about 2 inches off the sides and bottom, and shrinking to ~2"X2" square on my laptop screen. The photo will pop up full screen for a second, then automatically crop and shrink. This ONLY happens on Moultrie pics, not Wildgame, or Muddy, or Canon DSLR pics.

A quick internet search says others are recently having the same problem.

Surprisingly, the Moultrie tech support responded to an e-mail. They say it is an issue due to a Microsoft update but don't offer any valid solutions. They suggested a different photo viewer, but the ones I found don't scroll through pictures. Hence looking through a lot isn't valid.

Anyone else have this problem? What photo viewer are you using that scrolls? Supposedly Microsoft and Moultrie are aware of the problem but I'm not aware of a fix, or even if there will be one. I would think Moultrie would offer a valid solution as now all of their products are rendered useless with Microsoft.

I have had the same issue come up while using the default Microsoft photo viewer. The only fix I have come up with is to open the file all of the pics are in. While in the file that contains all of the photos from you card, push ctrl+a to select all of the photos in the file. Once all of the photos are selected, right click and select "Rotate right." After all of the photos have rotated right, push ctrl+a again to select all of the photos again. Right click again and rotate the photos back to the left so they are upright. This has worked for me and the photos have not returned to the square configuration again. Hope it works for you.

WOW! Simple AND IT WORKED!!

The Moultrie tech support responded to my e-mails, but they never said anything about that! Thanks Bullcall!!!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom