motorhome help?

HorseCreek

Very Active Member
My wife and I are throwing around the idea of getting a motorhome. Any one have any thoughts? Pros/cons? If you have one, what do you like/dislike? I would like to get one with a diesel engine over the big gas engines.
We will be hitting the road for the month of November for fun/buisness. It would also be used for family hunts.

Traditional >>>------->

Before I spent a ton of money on one I would look into renting one for that trip and see how you like it before taking the plunge.

Its funny this subject came up . Me and the little lady are kicking around the same deal . She wants a living quarters horse trailer or a cab over camper for her truck .

After looking at the prices of the living quarters I was looking at other ideas . I noticed on KSL that there was some good prices on class c motor homes that where 10-15 years old . Most of them had low miles .

Don't mean to hijack your thread horsecreek , but I'll just be watching this post also to see what every body thinks . So if your looking at a deisel , are you looking at the class A coaches then ?

LAST EDITED ON Aug-12-11 AT 10:05PM (MST)[p]You might want to brows through this site. Can't speak first hand about it but I've been told if your careful you can pick up some fair deals.

http://www.crankyape.com/

DC

No worries Foundation. We haven't ruled out any of them. We were going to start checking some out in the next week or so. We will be pulling our car behind for the month, so I wanted something that will pull and handle it well. KSL has some real good deals right now. Thanks for the link Lumpy, I'll check it out! As for renting one. I can't even imagine what a rental would cost for a month. I'd rather buy one.

Traditional >>>------->

The towing and handling is also some thing I have been worried about . She would be doing most of the towing to different fair grounds for mounted shooting competions , and she would just be pulling the smaller two horse trailer .

I wonder if the smaller class motorhomes have the option of a diesel ? I'm not all that impressed with the V-10 in my work truck , so I would rather have a diesel myself .

The places up here in MI that i've looked at want $1000 a week with the first 1000 miles free and then 25 cents per mile. That doesn't seem that bad when you see how much a decent motel is getting per night. Personally, I would rather spend 4K on that trip and know whether it's for me or not, rather than spending 6 figures for one and being sorry like I had and Uncle do a number of years ago. He went out and spent all their savings for one and lost his shirt on it when they found out it just wasn't to their liking. Good luck on whatever you decide.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom