MOTOR OILS & MILEAGE???

elkassassin

Long Time Member
Wondering what kinda Luck you've had with different Motor Oils?

Regular Oil?

Synthetic Blends?

Are Full Synthetic Oils worth the extra cost?

I Run one Engine 200K on Regular PENNZOIL 5W-20 with 0 Problems & still wasn't using any Oil!

I Run an Identical Engine 200K on a Synthetic Blend 5W-20 Motorcraft with 0 problems & it wasn't Burning any Oil either!

Wondering what Brands you've Run?

The Good?

The Bad?

And the Ugly?:D

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

Castrol GTX 5W-30

85K on my 2003 Tacoma No problems. I keep it below 65mph and under 2500 RPM :)

Eel

>Valvoline blend
>250k on my 99 V-9!
>
>

LOL PUNK!

That Oil has Prevented a V-7 Situation,Right?:D

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

The Coast Guard ran a variety of tests on their big diesel CAT engines many years back. Using their criteria, Mobil 1 synthetic was shoulders above the rest from what I understand. I used it from mile 1 on the straight six in the chevy. She has 180,000 miles and the engine is looking like it will be a widow when the rest of the rig dies.

I also have a Ford ranger with a four banger. It has only ever been changed with the weekly jiffy lube special. It was just shy of 400,000 when we dumped it for other mechanical reasons not the motor and no motor rebuild.

Then over the last decade and a half I have seen ford interceptors,dodge chargers, pickups & SUV's come and go. They have gone anywhere from cheap to full synthetic. Intervals have changed from 3,000 to 5000 and now 7500 for changes. Most of those cars are drove like the guy behind the wheel stole it, some legit and other times cause the driver is a bonehead..it ain't his...and he don't care. In between they get hours and hours of idle time in extreme hot and cold. They keep them around using some sell of cost benefit algorithm that usually puts them anywhere from 90,000 to 130,000 depending on age. I can only think of one or two of those fleet vehicles that burned oil. For that matter, those cars are flat tough. They take a lickin' and keep on ticking. Brand makes no obvious difference. When they make a radical design change is the only factor that ups time in the shop.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

>Castrol GTX 5W-30
>
>85K on my 2003 Tacoma No
>problems. I keep it below
>65mph and under 2500 RPM
>:)
>
>Eel

You probably use it for aftershave and personal intimate lube as well. Only certain things will tame the stink of a sweaty mill worker.Do you ever smoke after sex? If so go with a more premium full synthetic.

4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

And don't get me started with Overton. Doesn't matter what fluids and lubes he uses. Fact is, if you put the D into R while still going in the D direction, you blow up a tranny every time. And I mean everytime. He tested the theory and did the same damn thing on the replacement.
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Nov-17-15 AT 09:09AM (MST)[p]www.bobistheoilguy.com

Some good info to be found here about the stuff in your oil.

Chevron synthetic Delo 400 had the highest diesel oil ratings a couple years ago. Less junk in the oil and less loss of lubricity under heat.

Rotella 15w-40 on all my diesels. zero problems. also do a lot of heavy towing and a motor well over stock power. always run a fleetgaurd filter.

>Maybe AyA will chime in with
>some expert wisdom here.
>
4abc76ff29b26fc1.jpg

Ya!

Where's AyA when you need Him!:D

LMMFAO!

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

>Synthetics piston slapped like a bast@@@.
>Delo 400 is what I
>have used for about 300K.
>
>
>
1493img1267.jpg

Must not be a F'N 6.0 with that kinda Mileage!:D

Go Ahead!

Make Me take it down!

9001hank2.jpg

>>Rotella 15w-40 on all my diesels. zero problems. also do a lot of heavy towing and a motor well over stock power. always run a fleetgaurd filter. <<< plus one

>>>Rotella 15w-40 on all my diesels. zero problems. also do a lot of heavy towing and a motor well over stock power. always run a fleetgaurd filter. <<< plus one

+2

[font color="blue"]I don't make the soup,I just stir it.[/font]

LAST EDITED ON Nov-19-15 AT 08:05PM (MST)[p]toyota 22re....320,000 till it blew a rod...Quaker state

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom