Most coveted tag

Stubaby

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON May-01-12 AT 07:51PM (MST)[p]If you could choose to draw any tag what would it be?

Pavant elk? Henries mule deer? Strip deer tag?

I for one think that one of the most coveted tags around is a Breaks bighorn tag in MT. What is number 1?

That's a special feeling, Lloyd"

From the looks of things!

A General NorthEastern Region PISSCUTTER Tag might be a Coveted Tag this year!

Then,If you get the Tag,You gotta find a PISSCUTTER older than 2-3 years old!

Ya,it ain't easy!

[font color=red size=redsize=18"face"]SHOW THEM TO ME![/font]
If You Love Your Country,SHOW THEM TO ME!

It's been a long hard ride
Got a ways to go
But this is still the place
That we all call home

I think your missing OIL tags. How about Desert Big horn,Mountain goat or Bison. When I think of if i could.....it would be one of these.

FOR ME IT WOULD BE ONE OF THE INDIAN RESERVATIONS FOR BULL ELK OVER 400 BNC POINTS. MORE SO THAN A AFRICAN SAFARI, OR A ALASKAN BROWN BEAR HUNT, OR A SHEEP HUNT ANYWHERE................YD.

A Desert Bighorn Sheep tag anywhere, especially one with bowhunter-friendly season dates & season length. I'm in everywhere you can apply for 'em, and will be for many years to come

My List of Impossibles:
Saguaro Lake Desert Bighorn Sheep Arizona
Missouri River Breaks Rocky Bighorn
Alaska Tok Dall Sheep
Alaska Unimak Brown Bear
Arizona Strip (or Arizona Deer Raffle Tag)
Arizona Unit 23 Early Archery Elk

ivans-lottery-ticket-web.jpg

:)

No question my next trip to Africa but since that is not a tag I would have to say any sheep tag but specifically a MT Missouri Breaks tag and in a tie with it a Henry Mtns Mule Deer tag.

I'd like them to start a November deer hunt in Utah on all the general units. Make it a 5 day hunt let's say the Dwr issues 10 tags a unit any weapon of choice. Starting on the 15th of November no matter what day the date falls on. That would be a fun hunt if you could draw the tag. Come on Dwr make it happen.

My most coveted tags? These are the ones that keep me up at night & dreaming of more than any other hunts..

AZ Mexicana sheep tag.
NM Wheeler peak sheep tag & Florida ibex rifle tag.
MT breaks tag.

Tough ones.. but somebody's gotta draw. I'll keep trying!

------------------
DRSS

>LAST EDITED ON May-01-12
>AT 07:51?PM (MST)

>
>If you could choose to draw
>any tag what would it
>be?
>

>What is number 1?
>
>

Being CA born and raised, my #1 tag to draw WAS a Tule Elk, native only to CA. Nearly extinct and brought back to a huntable population.
I say WAS because I drew it in '06
Now I have max points for the Strip and it's just a matter of time.
So I would have to say that my most coveted tag would be Ibex.
It's OIL and only found in one state.
A bighorn can be applied for in multiple states and in special draws, but Ibex is one shot only.

Any sheeep tag....anywhere.

If I had to pick just one, the top of the pile would be a desert sheep tag. Which State doesn't matter. I just love hunting them and have spent more time doing so than any other sheep.

Goat/ibex would be a close second. Again, anywhere anytime.

I suspect it has almost as much to do with the adventure and the country they occupy as it does the animal itself.

May all your dreams come true,
Zeke

>
> FOR ME IT
>WOULD BE ONE OF THE
>INDIAN RESERVATIONS FOR BULL ELK
>OVER 400 BNC POINTS.
>MORE SO THAN A AFRICAN
>SAFARI, OR A ALASKAN BROWN
>BEAR HUNT, OR A SHEEP
>HUNT ANYWHERE................YD.

Come see me YK!! ;-)

Marco Polo for me.

In the Lower 48, a Utah Governors Tag (Henry's in the rut would be awesome).

Grizzly

A Calif San Gorgonio desert sheep tag, 180+ rams. 2nd choice would be a early rifle bull elk in unit 9 AZ..on a wet year. BH1

Montana Missouri River sheep tag, no question. Either side of the river works for me!

Got extremely lucky last year and drew the NM any weapon ibex tag.

A super cool hunt, hopefully oryx this year.

My 13 YO daughter drew the OIL oryx tag last year, it was a great hunt and made two trips to NM in about three months.

this yr and every yr till i cant walk.. a sheep tag in anywhere....rocky,Cali or desert....it don't matter....

How to start an argument online:
1. Express an opinion
2. Wait

Montana Bighorn in the Breaks. Some feel the next WR will come out of the Breaks. Amazing animals in amazing country. mtmuley

>I'd like them to start a
>November deer hunt in Utah
>on all the general units.
>Make it a 5 day
>hunt let's say the Dwr
>issues 10 tags a unit
>any weapon of choice. Starting
>on the 15th of November
>no matter what day the
>date falls on. That would
>be a fun hunt if
>you could draw the tag.
>Come on Dwr make it
>happen.

ive actually thought this very thing except no way on 10 tags a unit no way! 1 tag per unit would be plenty imo! and put it in the le category it would relieve some waiting pain off the henrys and pauns.

>Alaska Tok Dall Sheep
>Alaska Unimak Brown Bear

Austin hit it one the head for many guys in Alaska. There is also the Chugach archery sheep tag, along with the Delta sheep tags. Also there is highly sought after tags for bison up around Delta (I think they only hand out 20 tags or so, since they are so close to the road system). Maybe one day I will get it in gear after shcool is done and try applying again. God I am going to hate the nonresident tag prices.
WVBOWAK

As a Cali Boy, i'll chip in with the Tule Elk, Grizzly Island Bull tag as ranking right up there. Also, we have better than a dozen Desert Sheep tags that do not go for lacking of applications.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

Since I will eventually draw a Utah desert sheep tag (top points), I covet a Stone Sheep lotto tag! But any sheep hunt would be grand, especially a Breaks Bighorn.

Moose tag. One of these days the planets will align, and I'll draw one.

longrangebangin. keep the faith, igot to go with my grandson one year and my son the next, what fun,, dont ask what points they had, it will make you sick,,,,

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom