Morgan/South Rich knowledge

Heathen

So I did some scouting for my buddy, and played up in the checkerboard. Found very minimal gates open, many are locked that show as public. Lots of horseback or walking in only areas.
Any info about this area would be appreciated. I came in from Bear River side and checked many gates along the way to Evanston.

The wife was surprised as well when she seen a real nice 3x4 velvet she calling mamas boy. Now she’s looking into a muzzleloader cause she wants him, I told her only 10 tags left and she went straight to the wildlife site for a tag.

So back to the topic, any info about the checkerboard would be appreciated, I really want to help out my buddy to get meat on the table. He went up did three tags one elk otc, one muzzy deer, and a control tag. I’m only looking into the muzzy deer out that way. Looks like Antelope country so I told him practice his 200-250 yrd grouping.
Thanks in advance

Everything west of highway 16, even the BLM, is part of Deseret CWMU and/or private. So, from the state line there is no hunting. You’ll have to focus your attention on the lightning ridge area or the WMA on the south west corner of the unit. Best of luck, 95% unhuntable ground and what is public gets hammered.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom