morgan/rich bull moose help

M

mastiff

hey guys i know there are some guys on here that can help us, my sister in law drew a morgan south rich moose tag and she is pregnant and my brother/her husband is in medical school in arizona, so me and the rest of the family are trying to find her a monster if we can, we havnt had much time to get out but are hoping some one can guide us in the right direction, if anyone has any info or knows where a good bul is, any help would be much appreciated, thanks!

Not sure about your unit boundries or dates! Seen a real nice Bull Sunday on Curtis Creek Road if it is in your boundries. Might can help. I am not sure how far north your unit goes. pm me

Rutnbuck

The Henefer/Echo WMA actually holds tons of moose. You wouldn't think it's a big moose unit because of the lack of pines and aspens.
I saw 8 bulls up there last year on the Muzzy deer hunt. A few were good bulls. You may want to check around there.
The canyons behind Causey are also really good places to find a bull. I saw a real nice bull a month back close to the skull crack border. PM me if you need specifics on the two areas.

I hunted the Morgan/South Rich Unit several years ago taking a nice bull. As stated the Henefer/Echo WMA does contain some nice bulls. We left from the access gate located a couple miles North of the Echo cafe/motel(if it's still there). We packed in on horseback and set up camp on top. We rode around and located a couple good ones the night before. If her pregnancy is early she should be OK, but if it's mid term I would re-think the horses - don't want anythng to happen to the little one if she were to have a horse accident. There are roads all over the place but the only access is now on foot or horseback.

If you are considering this route I'd go spot it out before hand before taking her up on the mountain.

Good luck

TSX

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom