100_0092.jpg

100_0088.jpg

100_0086.jpg

100_0083.jpg

100_0083.jpg

100_0053.jpg

100_0043.jpg

Wes,
These are some Fantastic Pictures. True meaning of "Up Close and Personal".
What lens were you using and how far were you really from them? In the first three pictures, are the first two of Ballistic tip and the third one must be Casper, right?

Thanks for posting such great photo's.

Brian

UNBELIEVABLE pics!!! Those are some of the best I've ever seen of sheep. Thanks for posting them. If ya got mre of em, keep em coming....
Scottyboy

Howdy Kilowatt
Most of those shots were 30 yards or less. The fifth picture was about 50 yards. I have a Kodak 6490 with a 10 power optical lens and 3 times digital and 4 m.p. Four of the first five are Ballistic Tip and the third is Casper. The rest are part of their herd. These gosts were about 250 to 300 yards
100_0074.jpg

This goat was at 350 yards
100_0621_0002.jpg

These were over a thousand yards across a canyon, I had the zoom all the way out.
100_0615_0002.jpg

This is a great little camera, it's light and compact and takes great pictures.
Wes

Absolutley fabulous shots of some magnificent aninals, thanks for posting and sharing with us Wes.

Mike
at235.gif

I guess many people know about these specific animals, so where are they? I'm guessing they are not in a huntable area, but it would be great to know where to go to just get to see sheep like that.

Those are some really good pictures, amazing how thick and muscular they are when you see them up close.

Any chance you could email me the first few pictures? I would love to save them as a screensaver and dream of pulling a tag.

[email protected]

Chambero
These sheep were in the Ruby Mountains in Nevada. Both were killed this year. A 13 year old kid from Vegas killed Ballistic Tip, the larger one, and we went back in a few days later and killed Casper, the lighter colored one. Ballistic Tip scored 188 and Casper scored 181.

Don
Right click on the picture and you should be able to save it. If that doesn't work let me know and I'll send them to you.
Wes

Great shots! Its nice to see oldrams harvested instead of dieing off in the hills of old age or predation. Tremendous sheep!

You should sell these pictures to a magazine or a calendar publisher or something. Thanks for sharing.

Awesome pics Wes. I put the 3rd one on my desktop.

Thanks for sharing them!

Oakbuck

The story about the young 13 year old kid from Vegas taking Ballistic Tip is in the latest issue of Northern Nevada Outdoors.

Those of you that hunt NV and/or plan to hunt there should subscribe to this very fine Magazine that is put out by STUDENTS from Lowry High School in Winnemucca, NV.
www.humboldt.k12.nv.us/nno or [email protected]

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom