More 'baaa' for...

OutdoorWriter

Long Time Member
...the lamb hating crowd.:cool:

A nice rare & juicy shoulder chop with baked tater, ear of corn & one of my recently made jalapeno poppers. Now everybody repeat after me --------- D-E-L-I-C-I-O-U-S!

shoulderchop.JPG

shoulderchop2.JPG

I don't know Tony I've seen slot people ruin a good piece of lamb over the years
Well, I certainly agree that a leg roast or similar can get ruined in some way if spices, etc. are involved. Ruining a plain old chop with salt & pepper just seems a bit difficult to do except for overcooking, which turns it into flavorless shoe leather.

The chop above was brushed with olive oil, s&ped & went under the broiler for about 3 mins. per side. I could have also put it in a grill pan on a burner, or on the gas grill for about the same amount of time.

And... I think I've mentioned it before, but if not, I'll do it again: I am not a huge fan of any lamb other than shoulder or loin chops, including a rack. In fact, it's been decades since I've eaten any other form.

Last edited:
I used to be able to do a chop or whole roasted leg. The barnyard taste gets to me now and I can eat any wildgame. I will stick to the other 4 legged creatures both wild and domestic. Sheep are safe at my house

I used to be able to do a chop or whole roasted leg. The barnyard taste gets to me now and I can eat any wildgame. I will stick to the other 4 legged creatures both wild and domestic. Sheep are safe at my house
The strong flavor and greasiness are what turned me off with the cuts of lamb other than chops. Maybe my senses of smell & taste are now completely corrupt, making me oblivious to it all. :ROFLMAO:

I tolerate most game meat, but I'm not a big fan. I like antelope the most.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom