Moosie Got Me Thinkin'

K

ktc

Moosie posted in the NM forum about his good fortune in the draws. So what is your longest shot/luckiest draw tag? I would not consider 10+ points for Pahvant Elk real lucky, but with 0 or 1 I would.

My luckiest lottery hit was Unit 31 Wyoming Elk TWICE in 8 years. We are talkin' 1% draw odds on this hunt. :)

So, what is yours?

drawing back to back elk tags in Wyoming, 07 & 08...
drawing 4 tags for Montana Antelope in 5 years...

All other tags have been in the 5-6 point range in Utah, but with the Cabela's mess up I may draw a Az elk tag with only 3 points??? just have to see...LOL

Drew tags for Wyo in 1983,85,86, 1992,93,95,96,97,98,99,2000,2002,03,04 &2007

So guess I was lucky in the draws for Wyo.

Brian

Brian,

Wyoming has been good to me. I have drawn several tags there as well. The funny thing about 31 elk, I have an uncle that drew this same hunt like 3 out of 5 years. I feel confident when I apply in the Cowboy State.

Several years ago, my brother drew Ogden Moose with 0 points! I am going on 11 years+. But my luckiest long shot was last year! Other than that, I have had bad luck! I once was the only unsuccessful when 12 out of 13 drew Utah Archery Antelope! Hopeing to keep up the luck this year for deer! Good luck guy's!

Chad

Probably 2005.

Drew AZ elk Unit 10 early rifle with 7 points.

Drew NV rifle elk with 6 points.

Drew Red Desert WY antelope (no point system then).

My teenage son also drew a MT Missouri Breaks rifle elk tag that year.

That was a pretty busy year.

I did draw AZ strip mule deer in 2007. Even with max points, that was lucky as a NR.

I think 2008 will be an even "luckier" year. Yup, it will.

"Hunt when you can - You're gonna' run out of health before you run out of money!"

I once drew a California antelope tag in just 14 short years!:) I then waited the required 10 year waiting period. I re-entered the draw and drew another tag my first year back in!

A few years ago I drew the only NR antelope tag in a particular unit in Nevada with 3 bonus points.

Eel

LETS SEE???

GUARANTEED PISSCUTTER TAGS FOR QUITE A FEW YEARS NOW!!!

THE CAP HAS BEEN HIT THOUGH!!!

SO MAYBE THIS WILL BE A DRAW ALSO SOON???

OTHER THAN PISSCUTTER TAGS I'M SITTING BACK HOPING & A PRAYING!!!

OH DID I TELL YOU???

I SENT MY BIGGEST DONATION TO DATE THIS YEAR!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

California Marbles Mountian Elk in 04'
California Likly Table Antelope in o6'
New Mexico buck unit 2b 2nd period in 07'(2nd choice 1st time I put in for NM!).
Utah Paunsagunt Premium AW in 98, 2000' 1 point
Wyoming area 102 3 times buck rifle 99',2001,2002
and Antelope 2 times there two make it a combo also!
and countless better than number 10 on premium federal and state
widelife refuge for ducks and geese draws!
I really only started putTing in out of california in 1998! so all these are last 10 years!.........ya my friends hate me!! but I never see them beating down the door to put in with me!
rackmaster

LAST EDITED ON Mar-15-08 AT 08:43PM (MST)[p]We got some lucky buggers around here!

I always thought it was funny how when you cannot draw, like me in Utah for elk until they HAD to give me one, the tags seem so out of reach. Kind of a "phantom tag" thing?

When you do get lucky and get the tag like 31 elk, it seems like not such a big deal? The tag is a big deal, but drawing is not so hard after all? Ever noticed that? Ha!

BigFin,

That is some serious luck my friend! Almost "my worst nightmare" type of year!

If I got you thinking... you Suck :) :)

-Moosie

People, they thin' I don't know a Buttload of Crap About the Gosple, but I do. (Nacho Libre)

People, they thin' I don't know a Buttload of Crap About thinkin', but I do. (ktc)

Moose-Knuckles, you got my Oryx tag b!tch!;-)

My buddy pulled a AZ unit 27 bull elk tag with 0 non-res points.

I think I'm gonna start putting in with rackmaster..

horsepoop.gif

CAREFUL Snort!!!

I THINK HE LIKES THE 'BUTT'Y SYSTEM!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

LAST EDITED ON Mar-16-08 AT 03:15PM (MST)[p]How about the Montana Elk SuperTag in 2006, 10 chances at $5.00 a piece and I almost forgot an AZ 13B mule deer strip tag the same year.
jd

I have never drawn a great tag. My dad drew NM bighorn and ibex the same year, the first time he put in for either one.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom