Moose update

G

gonehunting

Well the moose hunt opened Saturday, has anyone had any luck? We seen 7 bulls but nonthing worth shooting. We are going to try a new area in the morning.

As far as the rut I seen a few smaller bulls sparring and grunting. There was one cow at a water hole a bull ran down out of the trees smelled her and went right back where he came from.

Will some of the bigger bulls start roaming around looking for cows? Most of the moose ive seen are the same ones I seen this summer. I am hoping a bigger bull will wander over.

From what I've observed, the big bulls are with the cows right now. The little bulls have been run off by the big guys...that's why you see them.

Find the cows, enter from downwind. At 50 yards from them try a "Dr. Love" cow call, and the big guy will come to check. You can call until you are blue in the face, but onless you are in the middle of his harem, he's happy without you.

Personally, I'm seeing little bulls in rut, but the big guys aren't around the cows. I've been in tons of cows with no big bulls in sight. I think these 80-90 degree temps aren't helping much with the full moon either, but thats just my .02.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom