Moose tag unit 78

C

Cleetus06

Trying to help a buddy with a moose tag in 78 . We've been in there twice for 3 days scouting and have been skunked. Do they come in later or are have we just been unlucky? Looking for any help or ideas please!!

I never really have went up just to look for moose. I usually see them the last week of october and the first week of november. Usually that is when I see the most. One day a saw 9 or 10 different moose from one spot. I personally haven't seen a really big moose in that area, but there is a reason why there are so many people putting in for them now.

I'm not one for telling my grandson how big of turd I had to pinch off from having to eat so much meat. I want to give him the trophies that hang from my wall and tell him the unforgettable experience that came with each and every one.

It is my understanding that moose can be harder to locate in the early season. Sometime around mid-September the rut will start to turn up the volume and the bulls will come out of hiding to roam far and wide looking for the cows. Find the cows and find the bulls. I shot a bull in a different unit on Sept 1st, he was in velvet and alone but I could hear him grunting like he was in the rut. Maybe the rut could be earlier this year?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom