Moose, Sheep, Goat proposals on line for input

I'm shocked at the proposed moose tag cuts in the Clearwater Region. I hunted there in 2010. I had an incredible hunt there. I saw great numbers of moose and killed a trophy bull. It was one of the best hunts I've ever been on. This was after being told that moose are virtually extinct in the unit I hunted. I think way to many hunters believe what they hear and repeat it without actually knowing first hand what the truth is. I totally disagree with the tag cuts. Even if the moose are declining it's certainly not because of a handful of bull moose hunters. It seems the main justification is declining success. Some of the hunters that I talked to believed the gloom and doom, gave no effort and claimed there were no moose. How about keeping the Clearwater tag numbers but selling them with a warning. Tell people that it might be a difficult hunt so don't apply if you're just going to compain about a bad experience. So what if unit 17 or other units have 0% success. Those unsuccessful hunters certainly do no harm to the moose population.

I was hoping to go back someday with my son or maybe draw again myself on the second draw. I guarantee I would see moose and have a great time. If the tags are cut it probably will never happen. What a loss of opportunity. I sent in my input.

I was shocked last year when the Salmon office said although there is only 12-15 mature rams in 27-1 they handed out 12 tags. That's poor management in my mind. Although harvest rates are very low for the unit it could easily create a shortage if half the tag holders get it done. Do you create opportunity to risk management?

My favorite hunts are because they were with friends and family not just because "I got one".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Idaho Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Idaho Deer & Elk Allocation Tags, Plus Bear, Bison, Lion, Moose, Turkey and Montana Prairie Dogs.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail, bear, lion and wolf hunts and spend hundreds of hours scouting.

Jokers Wild Outdoors

Trophy elk, whitetail, mule deer, antelope, bear and moose hunts. 35k acres of private land.

Back
Top Bottom