Moose in Jackson Hole Area

I snowmobile up the Gros Ventre every year about the same time and I see less moose every year. hardly ever see a calf.

Wolves, end of the moose. end of story.

Stay thirsty my friends

That's pretty sad to think that "500" (estimated) is "turning the corner" when there used to be in excess of 3600!
There used to be more moose tags issued that the entire current population. Now there are 10 tags where there used to be 500. Really sad.
I makes me want to shoot a wolf.....but we can't.
Zeke

We ride out of West Yellowstone too and used to see moose all the time. I haven't seen one there in at least 10 years.

If you hated hunters and wanted to reduce game herds to eliminate hunting the wolf would be the perfect tool to do it. I'm not sure if that was the plan or just a fortunete side effect.

Stay thirsty my friends

good question 440.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

"If you hated hunters and wanted to reduce game herds to eliminate hunting the wolf would be the perfect tool to do it. I'm not sure if that was the plan or just a fortunete side effect."

Whether it "was the plan or just a fortunate side effect", the following principle is alive and well.

"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."
Rahm Emanuel

Now that we've got wolves, the anti's have hitched their wagon to the wolf restoration illusion and building their war chest at a mind numbing rate. It's provide ant-hunters a powerful platform with which to extract resources from millions of conscientious but misinformed citizens. Money they'll use in hundreds of different ways to illuminate hunting and eventually fishing. If they're successful in eliminating hunting and fishing their next target will be hiking and back packing ie: public access.

While it seems ridiculous to consider the thought that the anti's will ever go after non-hunting/fishing access but if they ever loose their ability to generate revenue by attacking hunting/fishing they will go after the next best thing, and that will be the public impact on public lands. Whatever they need to do to continue to raise money is what they'll go after.

Remember, they live by the rule:
"You never let a serious crisis go to waste. And what I mean by that it's an opportunity to do things you think you could not do before."

DC

Wyoming Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Badger Creek Outfitters

Offering elk, deer and pronghorn hunts on several privately owned ranches.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, antelope and moose hunts and take B&C bucks most years.

J & J Outfitters

Offering quality fair-chase hunts for trophy mule deer, elk, and moose in Wyoming.

Yellowstone Horse Rentals - Western Wyoming Horses
Back
Top Bottom