Moose float!!

L

lifeisgood

451a082f297371bc.jpg

....Or at least as good as I swim.

life IS good (with a life jacket on)

boneaddict...
I saw your moose pic, what a dandy he is, glad you like your new bow.
Tried like heck to get one with my recurve, passed on a nice bull the first day (w/bow), then the weather warmed up and everything vanished. with a couple days left of season, I took this guy w/my partners rifle. Im kinda glad I did, never saw another legal bull after that and he went home with only memories. (but alot of good ones) The seoson where I hunted ended on the 20th this year for non-res instead of the 25th as before, not much rutting activity by us and too thinck to hunt many other ways than calling.
I was worried about the water thing but it worked out great, I had the whole thing feild processed, butcher shop clean in less than 2 hrs. (4 qrtrs, skinned, hung, ribs, heart, toung hung, all neck meat, brisket, backstrap, loins hung as well. Just worked on 1/2 of the animal at a time, and used the shallow water to move animal around. Never did gut him. The meat pole we made for the night within 10 yards, so next 2 days we transfered a load to camp each time we went by.
Had to keep bone in quarters, and take out actual ribs where I was (no deboning) so that was a bit of a pain.
I gave all but 50lbs to the native villiage who really appreciated it. My wife and kids love what I brought back. Great flavor.
Congrats on your bull, Im glad your hard work and research paid off. I know if I ever have an oprotunity to drop a moose in a shallow mountain stream again, Ill do just that.

life IS good

Thank you, and nice bull yourself. I would have been freaking out if were in the water. At least the bears were going to have to get wet to get you. I'm glad your trip turned out good, and sorry your partner didn't connect. I was wondering a little if I should pass on my bull and hope for something bigger, but I loved its mass and was very happy to have called him in to within bow range. I hear you about the rut. We drove through the interior and it was cold and the leaves had all turned and were dropping. Upon reaching our destination on the coast, the leaves were green and no hint of fall. I was quite concerned that I wasn't going to be able to call one in. I'm sending you a pm, I wanted to ask a question or two that you might not want to post on here.
Congrats on a beautiful bull.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom