moose experts

T

tufcntry

so my dad finally got a bull tag! couldn't be more pumped for him, i have a question for you moose experts. we saw a couple really big bulls there last year, what are the chance they are in the same area? also what is the best time to hunt for these bad boys. and of course we drew in the leadore area anybody who has info on moose in that area i would love to hear from you. thanks in advance.

There's a good chance they'll be back in the same area this year. From my experience, they seem to be pretty territorial until the rut kicks in (late September - early October). Then the bulls start to wander in search of cows and all bets are off.

What unit? I have hunted moose in almost all the units and things can be diffrent from unit to unit. The rut comes early in north slope, and later in the ogden. Its better to hunt unintas early and other units latter. You can glass better when you can see through the trees.

this is actually a idaho hunt around leadore. a guy told me the big bull moose aren't down in he bottoms they are up on the mountain in your moose hunting experience is that true?

In my opion the bulls around the 15 of sept will be with the cows. The cows are down low in the willows. I never look for the bulls until the rut because you may find then and when the rut starts they will be gone. They travel looking for the cows. So I like to find the cows and hunt them. Learn to call Ive pulled bulls 1/2 mile, within 15 feet. After the 15 of oct, the bulls are then looking for food and stay put longer. Ive checked cows for a week befor the bulls show up, but it will happen.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom