Moose down, and back

hunter

Got this one in Wyoming on the 5th of October. Just got him back. He was 42" wide I could not be happier. Any guess on the score? Its my first, what do you think????

7245019.jpg

Nice moose. Congrats. I would take a guess if i knew anything about scoring a moose.

Thanks for the input, it was unit 05. I am not 100% sure how to score it but I came up with just over 133". It was alot bigger than I though I would get so I am more than happy.

LAST EDITED ON Oct-26-10 AT 07:56PM (MST)[p]Congratulations, that is a great bull. Your taxidermist sure cleaned that skull up nice. What a great trophy !

How many days did you hunt for your bull ? Did you see many other bulls ?

I spent one day looking around before the hunt and shot this bull on the fifth day, then looked around another day and a half after the hunt and we only saw one other bull, a small two point. I did see about 35 moose while scouting in the summer, 10 of them were bulls but they had very little growth in july and august.

check out my Wyoming moose taken 2002 at ddoutfitterswyo.com My picture is under return clients, Also under moose hunting. Seen alot of Shiras moose on my trips to Wyoming, Montana, Antler shapes and size are different than Canadian, and Alaskan Yukon Moose. Smaller and brow tines are usually not Palmated on Shiras,but they are still a great trophy.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom