moose and wolves

W

wyobow

Was lucky enough to draw a Wyoming moose permit.Area 16 around Alta , just east of Driggs , ID. What can I expect for moose sightings with the wolf population being what it is? Have the wolves impacted the moose like they have the elk in northern Yellowstone?

Well I attended Scout Camp (Camp Loll) durning the last week of June. Camp Loll is 4 miles south of Yellowstone NP and 17 miles east of Ashton, ID. While I was walking to our camp site I noticed moose hair on the trail. After looking around there wasn't much left of a body. I then talked with a camp friend and asked about the moose body. He told me that the moose was killed two weeks prior by a pack of three wolves that had been seen in the area for the past three weeks. He then told me that last year they went from 5 moose directly around camp to 2 at the end of the summer and now this one was dead. He also told me that the FWS biologist was coming up during the week to make sure it was a wolf kill. The biologist never did make it up but moose sure have dropped off the face of the plannet in there neck of the woods.

Tallbuck1

One Bad Day Hunting
is better than a good day
at WORK!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom