moose 27

D

dreaminbouthuntin

Gathering information on this Unit. Im not familiar with it as i hunt farther south. After looking at maps and topos and success this looks to be a difficult hunt in the wilderness. I have horses to help pack.
Any past hunting experience in the unit or general info on where to begin my summer research and scouting would help. I have experience in other units for elk deer and moose as well as sheep and antelope.

Good luck. I've spent a lot of time in the Frank and have not seen a moose. I'm sure a few still exist but I bet it's hell finding one.

i've seen them around the lakes in there, but i'm no moose hunter either my dad drew for moose in 29 and i'm asking alot of questions as well.

Thanks for the info. I talked to fish and game today. Gave me some places to start looking. Said it will be a challenge. I think it will be more of an adventure.

After talking to a guide in the area, fish and game is planning on doing away with the tag due to lack of Moose in the unit. Im opting outta this tag. Too much money to spend on no Moose.
Sounded like the big burn killed off what what was left and ones that survived it moved out and never came back. Too bad.

Which guide did you talk with? I've spoken with one guide for the unit and he was pessimistic about everything. I would take his advice with a grain of salt.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom