Monterey Bay Salmon

Paul_Crawford

Long Time Member
My daughter just got back from a salmon fishing trip with her boyfriend. They fished out of Monterey. They brought three salmon home. Katie caught two. A 22 pounder and an 18 pounder. Not bad for my 90 pound Princess, huh? Anyone else fish there? PC

I'll wait for them to hit the rivers!
Something about standing out on a gravel bar and fighting them on 10lb test! I went out on a party boat when I was a kid and didn't like the diesel fumes, the sight of people puking over the side or the big game tackle they use.
I still think it is great that your daughter get's into it!
Plus there is all that good eatin'
Sure beats buying it at the store!
H-H

HH, they didn't do the party boat thing. Her boyfriend has a 20 foot boat of his own. Boston Whaler, I think. Anyway, we smoked most of it. FANTASTIC!!! PC

That's the way to go!
Right on,I'll start fishing for spring run chinooks in about two weeks on the Feather River!
Yummmmy!

No salmon here in West Texas but my kids and I have been jerking out crappie as fast as wind and work will allow. Maybe in three or four weeks we will start trying to find some double digit hybrid striped bass to play with.

Phantom Hunter

Paul,

My wife likes crappie better than any other fish I have ever brought home. I always try to put several in the freezer each spring during the spawn. I'm not very good at catching them after the spawn, they move out into deeper water and I don't have the patience to try to catch them there. Nothing better than chasing crappie and turkeys in the spring except chasing elk in the fall.

Phantom Hunter

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom