Montana Unit 215 Any Antelope

M

muley30

When applying for antelope in Montana this year I had full intentions of putting in for the hardest unit to draw in order to insure I got a preference for next year. Well, my idea kind of backfired and I drew the tag. I'm not familiar with this area and I hope the reason it's a hard to draw area is because it has some quality hunting. Anyone familiar with unit 215 around Deer Lodge, Montana. If so, I would sure appreciate some pointers on antelope hunting in the area. This is not my normal way of applying for tags, but when Montana doesn't allow you to put in for just a preference point, now I'm planning a drive to Montana a little earlier than planned. I also have a deer tag.

From what I've seen driving down the freeway there looks to be all private property. The Block Management book comes out on August 15th. There might be some ranches in the area with some free access. It's worth a shot. be sure and post your pic's after you get back.

Elkstuffer

I have had some friends draw it in the last few years. I grew up in Anaconda very near your unit. Send me an e-mail and I should be able to get you some info. My friends did not have permission for private land and got bucks. They killed a 13incher and a couple of 14 inch bucks. Maybe the big ones are on private land. I will send you a PM with my e-mail address. Good Luck

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom