Montana rifles

grouseslayer

I just began the search for a new rifle and Montana is one I am considering. I want either a 7mm mag or 280ai. Kicker is I'm left handed so I'm limited on what is available. I am interested in MTR, extreme x 2, and extreme vantage.I have considered Remington custom shop as well. Just looking for input on Montana or any other suggestions. I am trying to keep rifle and scope combo under $3k.

I've had quite a few of them as CZ model 3's. One thing to realize about Montana actions and this may or may not matter to you, they are cast not forged. Pinetree castings (Ruger) makes actions for Montana unless things have changed. Personally not a deal breaker for me, just something to know.

Does anyone know if they have a moa guarantee if so what is it? Their specifications are down on their web site and haven't had a chance to contact them.

I spoke to a rep at the Expo, he said "if the gun doesn't shoot MOA they will fix it, but they haven't had that problem yet". I called about a X2 in 28 Nosler with a #3 contour and a brake, Iwas quoted about $1700. The action and barrel are hand lapped and super smooth. The stock rifle comes with their #2 contour which seems a little light to me, overall I like it.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom