Montana Rams

Y

yukonjacko

LAST EDITED ON Mar-12-09 AT 11:28PM (MST)[p]Montana Outdoors: The scores don't lie: Montana's rams rate high

By MARK HENCKEL
Montana Outdoors

No doubt about it, Montana is great bighorn sheep country. In fact, Montanans think our state is the absolute best bighorn sheep country, though you'd get an argument from the hunters in Alberta about that.

But let's face it. What do the Albertans know? Check out the Boone and Crockett Club scores on these bighorn sheep, all taken during the 2008 season:

*Toni Sannon, 204-2/8 B&C points, second-largest ram ever taken in Montana, harvested in the Missouri Breaks.

49b9ea4c23d4befd.jpg

*Deb Perry, 202-2/8 B&C points, harvested in the Missouri Breaks.

49b9eabd26671034.jpg

*Jim Anthony, 195 B&C points, Montana Governor's Tag winner, harvested in the Missouri Breaks.

49b9eaec2798598f.jpg

*Mark Runyan, 192-3/8 B&C points, harvested at Paradise.

49b9eb5b28abbdc9.jpg

*Beth Klunder, 192-2/8 B&C points, harvested at Anaconda.

49b9eb8c290d050a.jpg

The Rest Of The Story

This list does not include the 204+ ram which was supposedly taken in a sting operation by the Montana FWP.

I'm growing my hair out before I turn in my application!
Oh wait, I don't have any hair.
I wonder if my moobs will help me get a tag?

Looks like the ladies of Montana have been cleaning up. I like the "moob" comment as well. I too will be growing out the locks lol!

No doubt Montana has some great sheep, and just as important it looks to me like the women are kicking you guys a$$ down there when it comes to killing a big one too. LOL.

Rod

LAST EDITED ON Mar-14-09 AT 07:07AM (MST)[p]I'll be putting my wife in with 0 points so it looks like it'll be a sure thing. She's stacked!

No mention of the 204 ram killed illegally?

Where exactly is Paradise? Not ringing a bell. Regs will be out soon. Too bad all the rams in 680 and surrounding areas are dying from Uromysitisis. I would advise putting in elsewhere.

Zigga, Thanks for the heads up. 680 is OUT! Dang, And I have BONUS points too. LOL I'll send a picture this year I hope. Thank you yukonjacko. mtmuley

I love the Montana rams too! I killed one in Utah. Was transplanted as a lamb in 01 from Sula Mt. area. As a seven yr old scored 166. Pretty animals.

LAST EDITED ON Mar-14-09 AT 10:55PM (MST)[p]Zigga, you must be a Seinfeld fan also or have you had to use the Uromysitisis poisoning excuse?

Uromysitisis poisoning- a fictitious ailment that someone invents as an explanation as to why they urinated in public.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom