Montana Pheasant Hunt

Bwht4x4

Very Active Member
LAST EDITED ON Dec-01-10 AT 11:17AM (MST)[p]So my fiancee and I will be in Big Sky this Christmas to spend time with her family. First time to the state and I'm really anxious to try my hand at pheasants and would be willing to drive 4 hours in any direction to do so. Can anyone recommend a guide/outfitter that can do 1 or 2 day hunts? It would be the time between Christmas and New Years.

I'd also be willing to walk my legs off on some block land, but I wouldn't even know where to get started. I was looking at some areas around Conrad, but I'd hate to drive that far to walk a bunch of fields that are completely void of birds.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Dwayne

About twenty years ago I had the same situation as you,I was going from New Mexico to Montana around Christmas to meet my girlfriends family for the first time and wanted to hunt pheasants. I made some arrangements and was ready to go. For the nine days I was up there the highest the temp got was 26 below zero and one night it dropped to seventy below.I've never been that cold in my life and I never made out to hunt pheasants.I still have my girlfreind(wife now)and still go to Montana but mostly in the spring and summer.I hope your pheasant hunt works out better than mine.Good luck

>About twenty years ago I had
>the same situation as you,I
>was going from New Mexico
>to Montana around Christmas to
>meet my girlfriends family for
>the first time and wanted
>to hunt pheasants. I made
>some arrangements and was ready
>to go. For the nine
>days I was up there
>the highest the temp got
>was 26 below zero and
>one night it dropped to
>seventy below.I've never been that
>cold in my life and
>I never made out to
>hunt pheasants.I still have my
>girlfreind(wife now)and still go to
>Montana but mostly in the
>spring and summer.I hope your
>pheasant hunt works out better
>than mine.Good luck

OMG... -70?

Does it looks like a hard winter up there or a normal one.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom