Montana Doggers- watch this!

ONE OF THE COOLEST YOTE HUNTS I HAVE EVER SEEN, WAY FUN TO DO I WILL BET.....CONGRATS ..........& GREAT DOGS AS WELL....YD.

Forgive my ignorance. I've heard of using dogs to hunt Coyotes but I never understood how it works. Someone care to fill me in on what the dogs are suppose to do and what the coyotes think they're going to do with the dogs and such? Thanks.

No estas en mexico ahora, entonces escoja tu basura
chancho sucio.

Normally guys use dogs to run a coyote and they bark on trail just like beagles on a rabbit. The shooter then tries to get to an interception point to shoot the yote when they hear which way the dogs are are going. This method in the video is where you use a dog basically as bait because the coyote, being a canine, will not shy away from the dog if it's not acting aggressive. A coyote will even breed a receptive female domestic dog and the result is what is called a coydog. These dogs, as you could see in the video, are a live decoy and they go out and actually find a coyote and bait them back in to the owner/shooter. You could see that as soon as they did their job and the coyotes were down that those dogs were right on them and not to have fun!!! I'd heard of that method, but never seen it in action and it sure proved effective.

Probably would....just don't post any video.

It is pretty cool to see!

Within the shadows, go quietly.

Thats some great hunting. Good job to them for cullin some of those things. Might go try that, with my sisters dog!

I prefer smaller bait. ;-)

2.jpg

That is so FA-reeking cool!

"...I got a shotgun, rifle, and a 4 wheel
drive, and a country boy can survive..."

Hank Williams Jr.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom