Montana Archery Antelope

E

Edpre

Heading around Fort Peck Lake and CMR for archery elk in 1st two weeks of October. I'll be focusing on elk, but in case I tag out early, I added a speedgoat archery tag as well. Never bow hunted these critters before. Any tips?
I'll probably head to unit 620, try the east end of it a few miles from the lake, then maybe round about to the north side public land.
Decoys work for late archery season sneak-up?

It might be best to try and pattern them if you have time and then just sit and wait for them to come by. I can't imagine decoying them but it might be worth a try. Talk to some locals and find out what the animals are doing and when.

Rifle season starts for antelope on October 7th this year and that will make it tough to get a lope with your bow. Good luck though!
ismith

45f82e4d30de4f30.jpg

Book, posted website seasons and hunt planner show that rifle starts on October 14th. ???????

Ismith is right!!!!!!!!!!!

Never trust the regs. Clear as mud. Why do they do this to us??? It doesn't seem like rocket science.

The Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks Commission decided Thursday to open Montana?s 2007 general antelope hunting season on Oct. 7, a week earlier than the date listed in Montana?s big game hunting regulations.

In Montana, the general antelope season opener is set by Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks Commission policy for the second Sunday in October. This hunting-season standard often corresponds with the federal Columbus Day holiday, which annually falls on the second Monday in October. That's Oct. 8 this year.

Due to the 2007 calendar progression, however, the second Sunday in October falls on Oct.14, which initially set the general antelope season to open week later than last year. This calendar cycle occurs every seven years.

The commission decided to open the general antelope-hunting season on Oct. 7 in response to requests to maintain the Columbus Day tradition. The general antelope-hunting season will run from Oct. 7 through Nov. 11, which offers hunters an extra week of antelope hunting this year.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom