Montana Antelope

Here are a few photos of my Montana pronghorn that I shot the second weekend of the season on public land. I had it scored by an official scorer, and it measured out to be 16 1/4" on both sides. The total net score was 79 7/8.
4b27f4dc2ad1a53a.jpg

4b27f4ef2b454770.jpg

4b27f4fd2b9c7442.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-09 AT 03:25PM (MST)[p]What time of the year was this hunt since there is snow on the ground? Congrats to you on the hunt and posting the pics.
Hunted in MT but never for Lopes and we use to see some nice ones too, might have to re think about applying up there for Antelope.

Brian
P.S. Zack, check your PM (private message)box at top right on the Main Forum Pages. Look for INBOX.

Most of the state had snow the first couple days of the season.

79 7/8!! so close to the MT book.
Congrats, great antelope.

>LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-09
>AT 03:25?PM (MST)

>
>What time of the year was
>this hunt since there is
>snow on the ground?
>Congrats to you on the
>hunt and posting the pics.
>
>Hunted in MT but never for
>Lopes and we use to
>see some nice ones too,
>might have to re think
>about applying up there for
>Antelope.
>
>Brian
>P.S. Zack, check your PM
>(private message)box at top right
>on the Main Forum Pages.
>Look for INBOX.

It was the second and third weekend in October that we were hunting. It was pretty chilly as well.

>Most of the state had snow
>the first couple days of
>the season.
>
>79 7/8!! so close to the
>MT book.
>Congrats, great antelope.

I know I was pretty bummed when I found out how close it was. Oh well I guess, still had fun. My dad missed one that was a little bigger than this one.

LAST EDITED ON Dec-15-09 AT 05:56PM (MST)[p]Nice goat! I've hunted Montana several times but not for antelope, i may have to rethink that as well. By the way those are really good field photos.
7 Mag

7 Mag ~ Thanks for the comment! My dad & I have been hunting antelope in this area for the past 12 years. Last years winter took a toll on the antelope hered in this area. So it may be a couple years before it gets back to what it use to be. There is a lot of BLM & BMA property in this area so it's public land. We have taken several nice bucks off these properties. We also Elk & Mule deer hunt out in the Superior area. Good Luck!!!!

Nice bucks.

"Let's keep things in perspective.I mean for Peet's sake there are kids in Africa that don't even hunt....hello" Jimmy Big Time

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom