Montana Antelope

T

Tally

Todd and I just got back from antelope hunting in Whitehall, Mont. Todd made a great shot on his buck. A 200 yard neck shot on his bedded buck. Mine had a little action trotting at 150 yards. I missed the first shot and confused him then two in the rib cage. I've tried all the way home to convince Todd that the miss was in the plan as I can't hit a moving antelope, I had to get him stopped some how.
Blue bird weather the first day, rain the second and snow the third day.
We saw between 100 and 200 whitetail deer each day, they were everywhere. One group of 13 headed for the hills one morning had 10 bucks and 3 does. It was a great hunt.

4537b3d95d88e8fd.jpg

4537b42d5eeb350c.jpg

They have over the counter whitetail doe tags available, 5 per hunter. My buddy runs doe hunts toward the end of the season, any weapon. I think it would be a blast to go in there with a muzzleloader!!

Thanks Hiker, you got a couple nice goats yourself. This was Todd's first antelope and he shot it with my Grandfaters model 70 .270 made in 1950. Great time for Todd and I, he's going to get married next spring so had some good one on one time.
The Lord blessed us in many was this last week.

Looks like you guys did pretty good. Antelope are a blast to hunt, they are my favorite animals to hunt...Sounds like some great deer country....Thanks for sharing it...Larry

"This was Todd's first antelope and he shot it with my Grandfaters model 70 .270 made in 1950."
Tally, that is so cool. Great memories for you and Todd. God is good.

Hiker

Proverbs 3:5-6

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom