Montan Whitetails

B

bucknwy

Looking for a good place to hunt trophy whitetails in Montana. Does any one have any suggestions on a resonable trespass fee or such around the Milk or Powder River. Thanks.

Either one of them are tough to get access. Trophy whitetails are few and far between on the Milk regardless of what is shown on Real Tree TV.

Most land on the Milk with trophy potential is either leased by hunters or outfitted. The Block Management areas get pounded by hunters every day and generally do have trophy quality bucks on them.

I am unaware of any reasonable trespass fee places that offer a glimmer of hope of harvesting a trophy whitetail. Of course it depends on your definition of both reasonable and trophy.

Nemont

The powder river is all but leased up by several large outfitting businesses. It is a difficult area to gain access. There are outfitters behind every tree in that area. As Nemont says you could hunt the Powder River, it will just cost you 5,000.00 for a whitey. Sorry for the bad news

Thanks for the info. I live right accross the border in Wy. I have taken some good mule deer, and some decent whitetail. I got a deer tag last year in Mt and hunted mule deer mostly. Wanted to hunt them whities in Mt this year.

I have heard alot about NW but dont have an idea where to start. If you have any suggestions it would be much appreciated. You can pm me or email if you would like. Thanks.

You would be better off to concentrate your efforts over at Sundance.
hunterrunningfrombearlgclr5ju.gif

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom