Monster Wyoming Whitetail

quest

Very Active Member
Heres the link http://www.taxidermy.net/forum/index.php/topic,190525.0.html

View Profile Offline

Monster Wyoming Whitetail?
? on: December 28, 2009, 06:42:14 AM ?
Was wondering if anyone on here has heard about this pig, apparently taken in Wyoming this past November. The reason I'm especially curious is, I was hunting north west Wyoming this past year, and my hunting party was after an absolute monster. The guy who spotted this whitetail, has a booner to his credit, and has taken multiple other real nice deer. He's credable, and isn't known for over exaggerating a deer. This guy said the whitetail he spotted was 200"s. Now I know there hardly any deer of this caliber in Wyoming. I was wondering if anyone knows of this buck, to at least PM me the county it was taken in. I'm just dying to know because we are going back next year, and would like to know if there is a chance, the buck we spotted was still alive!
5613buck1.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jan-10-14 AT 01:34PM (MST)[p]Wyoming grows some nice whitetail bucks, but the buck in that picture is a monster for anywhere on the North American continent! If you were after a big buck last season and nobody got him, he'll probably still be in the vicinity unless he dies of old age, vehicle strike, predator kill, or poaching. If he was as big as you say, I'd think this may be him since he was taken legally by a hunter. Good luck in your quest, and maybe there's a second big one around if that's the one your buddy saw!

Just show the pic to your hunters. They should be abel to ID a deer of that caliber. Just a thought.

>Well maybe find big buck contest
>results in most county's on
>the net.

***Did that one make you drool when you saw that picture because I know you really like hunting the whiteys?

>>Well maybe find big buck contest
>>results in most county's on
>>the net.
>
>
>***Did that one make you drool
>when you saw that picture
>because I know you really
>like hunting the whiteys?

you know it. first off congrats to the hunter. second off I am jealous

This post came from Taxidermy net its not my post. I posted it here so everyone could see Wyoming has big Whitetails.

>That buck was killed 4 or
>5 years ago around Wheatland,
>Wy.

***Yep, now looking back at the date above the photo it was in late 2009. Looks like there may be another big one out there for the OP to go after next season.

That's a Great WT anywhere that WT live.
That type of WT are the one's we dream of.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Yep that buck was killed by Wheatland while the guy was actually fall Turkey hunting. It was shot with a legal caliber and in season. I have seen it in person after it was mounted.

Sorry forgot to add the B&C paper hanging next to it was Net 196 and change.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom