Monster Muleys

264mag

Long Time Member
Wondering what year and how you found out about Monster Muleys. I was sitting at a bar with some friends watching some football and a guy walked up to me and told me that's a nice buck you killed on the Kaibab and I said "where did you see that?" he replied "on Monster Muleys", that was in 2006,can't believe it's been almost ten years.

Most ROOKIES around here don't even know what a Public Forum is!

[font color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

I saw a picture and the link in a magazine, probably Trophy Hunter in early 2000 since i got my first computer in Jan 2000.

15 years now....wow, how time flies when having fun.

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

I picked up a Trophy Hunter Magazine at the store and got the link from it. 2004 or 2005?

Bobcatbess was fighting back then. He was a mean SOB.

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

My kids told me about the site in 2005 I think. Made lot's of friends and later pissed them all off. Still crazy after all these years I guess.

I think 2006. Heard about it from some clients. Used to be some characters around like d13er and BCB, now it's just a bunch of FNG's like Homer.

2006 was the year I found MonsterMuleys, I was going on an elk hunt in Montana and was doing some research online and stumbled onto it, yep time flies!

Hello, i'm the new guy here, at least among this bunch. :)

I think 2008 was the first time i signed in but had been "looking at the pic's" on and off for at least a couple years before that.

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-15 AT 08:38AM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Feb-27-15 AT 08:37?AM (MST)

My bro told me about it...hunting sites. I lurked @ work in early 2000....then they made me learn how to turn a pc on in 2007. I think my 1st post was 2008.
Now a pc is one of my few links to outside world.

I learn lots on here from these fellow old guys.....LOL
It's like my own personal Hermits Club....

and even less from the FNG's. Hah!

>
>Most ROOKIES around here don't even
>know what a Public Forum
>is!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [font
>color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY

I remember those days! The GOOD OLE DAYS, some would say!
2a0fcsk.gif

>I picked up a Trophy Hunter
>Magazine at the store and
>got the link from it.
>2004 or 2005?
>
>Bobcatbess was fighting back then. He
>was a mean SOB.
>
>Eel
>
>It's written in the good Book
>that we'll never be asked
>to take more than we
>can. Sounds like a good
>plan, so bring it on!
>
>
>
I remember something about someone wanted to fight another at a parking lot.

I don't remember ? Is that a sign of being on here to long ? Or old age ? How can I find out when I started here on MM ? Most site have a time when you signed up. How long ago was Bessy's (bobcat bess) first name? I think there's been like ten since. That might help me figure out how long it's been. ;-)

I do know when I started it had 112 members, late 90's Second handle. Started over twice so far.
See alot guys come and go.
Back then we had a post that hit 300 it was the first one ever, that got that high, it was about deer hunt and guy his wife and friends, Funny as H#LL

I wonder to if you can find the date you first posted. That would be cool to see.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

I Ain't been on here very long but I have made a Post or Two!

And on that Public Forum there were some Real Internet Ass-Whoopins!

Right around 99-2000, when I got my first puter. As you can see, I may be the biggest lurker there has been. Been lurking on here for almost 15 years! Had to re register a couple of times. I think if you don't log on for a while, you get kicked off. Then you try to log in or register with your email, they say you cant because that email is already used!

"I Ain't been on here very long but I have made a Post or Two!" & oddly enough nobody still gives a sh!t.

I miss "high country tune up's" The "Star", 3K's foul mouth, D13er's rank pictures, Roy's school struggles, Browtines nasty e-mails, KONA updates, many more, P/S.. think I've only been here since '09 or so but seems like a life time. Think of all of you frequently!

How many of you remember signing the Guest Book??

I think I first signed it in 1998, or early 1999. I remember saying that I was going to post pics of my buck that I shot in 1997. Had to wait a few years to do that until I got a camera or a scanner that I could do it with. I can't remember how I found it. I think I was searching for Utah state big game records. Anyway, I got hooked. I did drop off for a little while, lost my original post count, it was probably somewhere around 1300 posts, had to start over, but have always had the same handle.

I have met some great friends on here!

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Happened on this site by accident (about 4 yrs. ago I'm guessin') and really liked it from the git-go. Other than facebook and e-mails, it's my favorite thing to do on the internet...not really a great hunter (one of my handles is "ForkyPete") but a lot of informative stuff, neat pics, videos, members articles, posts, and comments show up from time to time. I'm hooked!

There used to be this ole boy from Cedar named ClorideRUS!

Then He started doing Name Changes!

Then RUS!

Then slickrock!

(((Probably a few I missed?)))

Then Jimmer6!

Now RUSTYNUTS!

GEEZUS!

Don't ever tell Him his Wife is HOT!:D

Ornery ole F'R about lost his Cool!

What I was meanin when I said it was:I'll bet She's been Hot at His Ornery Ole Ass lots of times putting up with his BS!:D

He must of thought I got in Her Pants cuzz He's had an Attitude ever since!

Drink a few more Beers RUS!

I don't personally know Ms RUS but she's gotta be one Hell of a Woman to put up with your BS all these years!:D:D:D

>
>
>There used to be this ole
>boy from Cedar named ClorideRUS!
>
>
>Then He started doing Name Changes!
>
>
>Then RUS!
>
>Then slickrock!
>
>(((Probably a few I missed?)))
>
>Then Jimmer6!
>
>Now RUSTYNUTS!
>
>GEEZUS!
>
>Don't ever tell Him his Wife
>is HOT!:D
>
>Ornery ole F'R about lost his
>Cool!
>
>What I was meanin when I
>said it was:I'll bet She's
>been Hot at His Ornery
>Ole Ass lots of times
>putting up with his BS!:D
>
>
>He must of thought I got
>in Her Pants cuzz He's
>had an Attitude ever since!
>
>
>Drink a few more Beers RUS!
>
>
>I don't personally know Ms RUS
>but she's gotta be one
>Hell of a Woman to
>put up with your BS
>all these years!:D:D:D
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> [font
>color="redhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gMsueOnu0kY
LOL!

My first post was in 2000 or 2001. Had to have someone post a pic for me cause I couldn't figure it out. We've lost a few MM'er since then.

Hate to think how many hours I've wasted on this site.

Yelum

YBU

7019yelumlogosig2.jpg

2003, Deployed to Kuwait for the year. Sometime in that year, my commander,ADAMSOA, told me about a wolf thread where it was being rumored about reintroduction. Been readin and makin a fool of myself ever since.
Thanks Cpt!!

Had a great visit with Founder at his booth last weekend. Had several of his smoker bucks on display.

Hey Founder, when did you join?

Yelum

YBU

7019yelumlogosig2.jpg

I first found the site during the summer of 2000, while I was a summer intern for the law firm where I am now employed. I hope our summer interns these days are more focused and efficient than I was back then.

Hawkeye

Deerlove said, "Cousin told me about it in 2004"

You better add some years my friend because you introduced me to MM in 2001.

1997 or early 1998. I can't remember, but I think it was within a couple months of founder starting the site. Came across a post about MM on the site HuntInfo that Josh Flourney (?) had started. Back in the day, MM was a lot more peaceful and less dramatic than it is today.

Back in early 2000 I was reading some of the posts here on Mm one evening and 2 MM'ers were at it and one was laying it on heavy and anyone with a clear mind should know that he was BS'ing big time and kept saying he was cool or words to that effect.
So either it was my first or second post and I got nuked fasted than bobcatbess or later on d13er....LOL

My post to the (unknown now) was as follows, "Yea you are cool alright, just like a (past gas) from a Camel's AZZ"

Back then I used the "true words" and my post was history...LOL

Brian
http://i44.tinypic.com/es7x8z.jpg[/IMG]

Been posting here since 2002. Started out only posting on the Public Forum then finally decided to register. Found the site by doing a Google search for "elk hunt chat".

Mark
muledeer.jpg

My hunting spot is so secret, not even the elk have found it yet.

Hawkeye, I was one of those dedicated type summer interns too when I stummbled on this site back in '99. I had just pissed away a couple grand playing penny stocks on Ameritrade, so I had to find something else to burn some time....boy have I burned some time.

When I arrived, Deerking and moosie were all the rage, hahaha!

Eel

It's written in the good Book that we'll never be asked to take more than we can. Sounds like a good plan, so bring it on!

Man, how time flies!
I just did a search and found my first post!
All the way from September 11, 2002!

Have met many members and made very good friends since then.

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

Chef actually gave me a cooking lesson or two over the years!

One of them was:Don't Salt the Meat you're Cooking until it's almost done/or done!

We laugh, we cry, we love
Go hard when the going's tough
Push back, come push and shove
Knock us down, we'll get back up again and again
We are Members of the Huntin Crowd!

August of 1999 I began the site. I use to maintain computer equipment and had a client ask me to build them a website. I didn't know how, so I decided to teach myself........MonsterMuleys.com was born because I was already a mule deer hunting nut. I think I added the first forum before the end of 1999.

Crazy that its been more than 15 years! Damn I'm old!!!

Brian Latturner
MonsterMuleys.com
Will you LIKE MonsterMuleys.com on Facebook! I need a friend....

Been a few people ask Founder how long I've been around?

His Answer:

Too GAWD-DAMNED Long!:D

LAST EDITED ON Mar-06-15 AT 10:20PM (MST)[p]My neighbor told me about the site in 1999 as I was looking into doing some hunting in Wyoming. There was this one user on here that was very helpful. It took him about a week to figure out I was a female and our hunting interests began to turn into a personal friendship. Fast forward 14 years later and we were married in June 2013. As far as I know, we're the first wedding to happen because of this site. So happy I found it! Lisa

A few of you might remember me from many moons ago. Used to be user name Oregon. Hi PC!!

Hot darn it Lisa, that's one heck of a story! Congrats!

Any other single gals out there, i'm your guy for info and help! ;-)

Joey

"It's all about knowing what your firearms practical limitations are and combining that with your own personal limitations!"

You Blowed your chance with the 16" Saddle Chick/BHWAR there Uncle sage!:D

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom