Monkey Bear, Stumpy & other Spring Pics

BCBOY

Long Time Member
The spring melt is really late this year but we've been having some fun regardless. My son, Cody, killed this black bear a couple weekends ago. One shot with his 300 Sav at about 60 yards and the bear didn't go more than 20 yards. We call these bald faced bears, 'monkey bears'. This is the second monkey bear my son has killed in the last few years. I don't know what causes them to be bald but they are pretty cool looking.
P5150016.jpg

P5150017.jpg

P5150012.jpg

P5150013.jpg

I shot this black bear this past Saturday evening. It turned out it was missing a front foot. It's leg was basically a stump. It was an old injury, well healed over with thick bone above where the break was and even had hair covering the bottom. Figured 'Stumpy' was a fitting name. Saw numerous bears on the weekend, some a little bigger, but the stalk on this bear was what made the hunt. Spotted it 350+ yards feeding and got within 40 before I pulled the trigger. Wind was perfect and I only moved when the bear's head was down. It was a lot of fun. The kids were gone for the weekend, so it was the first time in a long time that I was hunting solo.
P5210039.jpg

P5210044.jpg

P5210045.jpg

Had a great stalk with the camera on this guy. When the wind shifted his head came up and I was pegged. He stood up on his hind legs and when he saw me bring the camera up, he bailed. Was surprised the airborne pic turned out as well as it did.
P5220059.jpg

P5220063.jpg

P5180081.jpg

P5180085.jpg

P5190099.jpg

P5210028.jpg

P5010054.jpg

P5010058.jpg

P5010064.jpg

P5080080a.jpg

P5080084.jpg

P5120096.jpg

P4300005.jpg

P4300020.jpg

P4220052.jpg

Shotgun Lamps (The Great Outdoors)are the only thing I know of that makes a bear go bald...LOL...

Cool pics!

horsepoop.gif

Disclaimer:
The poster does not take any responsibility for any hurt or bad feelings. Reading threads poses inherent risks. The poster would like to remind readers to make sure they have a functional sense of humor before they visit any discussion board.

Great photos! It looks like you live near some game rich country. Thanks for sharing your adventure!

Hey BADGEBOY!

What's the Breeding on that Mutt?

Gotta have some Blood in him?

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Thanks for sharing the pics!! BC We have family that lives up in Williams Lake. How far is that from you? The are in the logging business. Since you are in it you may know them. Bosworth is the last name?

Glad you are having a nice spring, Nice Bears.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".

cjboz,
I'm about 3 hours from Willy's Puddle. I do recognize the Bosworth name. Forestry is actually a pretty small world when you work in the industry for a long time.

Yup he's got a lot of blood in him. He's a majestic, which is a good mix of a bunch of hounds. I wish I had the time to run him more. Just too busy in the winter chasing timber instead of lions so he's pretty much just a pet. A pain in the ass a lot of the time and I'm sure my neighbors hate him. :) But he makes me laugh alot cause he's such a character so I'll keep on putting up with him.

I figured so BADGEBOY!

I like the looks of him!

Hounds are just like MM'ers,they all got their own TUDE!:D

"To hell with the Neighbors"! LOL!

For GAWDS Sakes Guys,We Got Kids on this Site,Some of them are 65 years Old!:D

I don't care if they're big or small!
If they throw lead I like em all!
:p

Awesome pictures and congrats to you and your son. Your boy is growing up fast! The bear with the missing paw you got really looks good and healthy. No sign the missing paw slowed him down. Your picture of catching the bear in the air is sweet!! Very detailed and sharp. I'm impressed every time I see you photos both with the pictures and the adventures you have. You have it all BC, very nice! Please keep them coming.

GBA

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom