MOA & dialing in.......

bowhunter223

I just purchased a 3-9x40 scope (bushnell elite 4200) and had a thought cross my mind. Anyone ever "click" up their scopes to compensate for bullet drop at your animals known yardage?
Or do you just figure your Max Point blank range and hold dead-on? Or holdover?
I've always known my MPBR and held right on for the most part....just wanted to know what some might do with their "hunting" scopes. Adjusting the clicks, and holding right on would be nice...no hold-over.

Oh crap.....what am I writing...I should have just bought a reticle with tickmarks that compensates for all this.....

Just wondering if there are any "clickers" out there when hunting?

I am working on just that right now. Have a new rifle and load that are shooting .5 MOA and I live in a state, Idaho, where long shot opportunities are common. While I intend to spend a lot of time practicing to increase my effective range, I don't think many condone shooting past 400 yards ever, but I want to be ready just in case that buck of a life time is just a bit farther away than that. I won't shoot over 400 yards just to put meat in the freezer, those deer can be had at much shorter ranges.

Having a scope with turrets makes this process a lot easier.
They do have aftermarket turrets that attach to some scopes.

Here is a link and step by step interactive instructions on how it works. (skip the initial intro)

http://bt.swarovskioptik.com/?l=en

4678aec03a21ae00.jpg

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom