MLB Pitcher Beaning....

N

NMHUNTNUTT1

OK OK , I'm eating crow. A few weeks ago I said there was no way a pitcher would intentionally peg another player , not on purpose anyhow. WRONG I was told. Welp tonight , now as I write , I'm watching the Yankees play the blue fairy birds. A- Rod gets pegged yesterday , then gets pegged at the knees today. Benches clear twice. Well then the tv commentators are speaking and the question came.Would the Yankees retaliate? One of the tv analysts is a former big leagure and he said , absolutely. Wang is scheduled to start tommorrow and he never hits batters , with that said they said late in the game with a lead , which they are winning 7-0 , he said that the Rocket would go after a batter. Sure enough , the 7th starts and what happens? The Rocket smacks Rios right between the shoulders , just as said. This game is crazy and they play one more tommorrow.Crap I gotta go , the Blue Fairy birds just scored ....

BUT, you'll rarely see someone go head hunting. They'll generally keep it at or below the level the Rocket hit that batter at.

It's an unwritten rule in baseball. You hit my guy and I will hit your's. Didn't help that it was A-Rod. Who better to have on the mound than Roger "Headhunter" Clemens. It's always funny to here the interview with the pitcher afterwards, "The pitch just got away from me".

Clemens has always protected his team - always. And most of the time he drills them right between the shoulders or on their fat ass.

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

No interview afterwards with the Rocket, he and Joe were ejected. They did ask Posada about the pitch and if it was a pay back hit, and Jorge just said , they back up thier team mates and he didn't have anything else to say. Can't wait for the game tonight....

That was a great game last night. A-Rod has always been one of my favorite players...and I LOVED his reaction last night. He is the new DeNiro.."You talkin to me...are YOU talkin to me?"
The Blue Jays are stupid....you dont hit a Yankee with the Rocket on the mound. Judas, its ROGER FRICKIN CLEMENS....did you not think he would back his boys up??? I loved it!! Clemens is such a STUD.

All I know is that the BoSox better watch out....the Yankees are on fire.....one that wont soon be extinguished!!!

GO YANKEES!!!!

YANKS HAVE HAD THE EASIEST SCHEDULE OF 28 GAMES AFTER THE ALLSTAR BREAK IN MLB. FOR 28 GAMES IT WAS TEAMS PLAYING LESS THAT .500 BALL. IN AUG. WE WILL SEE WHAT THEIR MADE OF.

Traded or not. You bean one of the rockets boys and you are gonna get beaned back. No question about it. I just want to see someone charge the mound and get dealt with by the rocket. It wouldn't be the first time. That guy is one bad dude. Hitting someone is part of the game. But like mentioned above, there is an unwritten rule if you hit my guy I'll hit yours.

Yeah I don't see anyone really wanting to trade hands with the Rocket, He is a beast and will knock the crap out of a guy.
YD easiest schedule or not , they are slamming the ball , our oitchers are getting better, not with Chamberlien in the rotation and Hughes getting healthy , well I said it before , they getting hot at the right time....

THE EASY TEAMS, & BAD PITCHING WILL MAKE ANY TEAM LOOK BETTER. DONT FORGET THE YANKS SPENT A FAIR PART OF THE SEASON IN LAST PLACE.....EASY TEAMS= GOOD RUN. ....YD.

A-hole, I mean A-rod got beaned because he still thinks he is in little league. The last time the Jays and the 200 million dollar non playoff making Yankees played some one on the Jays hit a pop up in the infeild and A-rod who was on base tried to make the guy drop the ball by making some stupid sound. Just like a couple years ago in the playoffs when the Red Sox and Yankees were playing and A-rod tried knock the ball out of the first basemens mit. So the Jays beaned his a$$ for his little league BS.

Whats next, is A-hole going to start chatting "hey batter batter, hey batter batter swing" or "hubba hubba hubba ringa ding ding pitchers got an arm like a rubber sardine". He's a good player except when its playoff time, but he needs to relize hes in the big leagues and not little league.

Yes shotgunjim , your so freakin right , just won't argue that with you , heck no....Of course A-Rod needs to understand he's in the big leagues ,wtf is he thinking....Geeze he only smashes the sshit out of the ball and is crazy strong on the hot corner...It wasn't the last time they played , it was the first series they played when he hollered and the blue fairy's third baseman dropped a pop up like a little leagure...The Rocket took good care of it .....Just really sucked watching them get it poured on them tonight 15-4.....Only 5 games back from the suk as$ red sucks!!!!

Yea, he smashes the heck out of the ball during the regular season, then come playoff time and they might as well bench his non producing a$$. What was he last year in the playoffs something like 1-23?

The Rockets a real tough guy seeing how he does'nt have to step in the batters box himself.

If you think I'am a Red Sox fan, Let's just say I hate everything East coast.

Why do you like the Yankees are you from NY?

shotgunjim, I sure hope your wrong about them making the playoffs and A-ROD not producing. I feel pretty good about the rest of the season and playoffs aren't out of reach and sure hope the bats keep connecting. Last nights game hopefully lit fire under their as$ , they just played horrible!

As for me liking the Yankees , no I'm from NM ,aside from 7 years in NV have lived here all my life. When I was a kid I played on 2 yankee teams in two different divisions, then in high school ,my girlfriends family were big NY fans so I fit in. NY wasn't popular when I was younger where I lived and I've always been different not going with the team of current flavor. Then I married my sweetheart who's family is also crazy Yankee fanatics from the days of her Great Grandfather in the 60s' and 70s. So just naturally I had my team .My dad and most of my family are Dodger fans and a few Rockie Fans as they are real close and it's easy to get to games. I love baseball , the Yankees are loved in our house , we have seen them play in Phoenix , Anahiem when the Rocket was with them before Houston and this year in Colorado. Last Friday the 3rd I was in San Diego wearing my Yankee gear watching the Padres and Giants play , it was awesome, Pet Co field is just awesome. Padre fans booed Bonds and then booed thier pitchers for no going at him , I was blown away at that. It was awesome to see Bonds in person even if he has a tainted name , I can say I've seen him play.So I 'm not a band wagon fan , I've liked the Yankees as a kid and during the years of hard times although theres not many of them compared to other teams , you know what I'm saying....I hate the red socks , more than any other team in sports . I'm a Bronco fan and hate KC & Oakland but I really really hate the red socks!Just curious , who is your team????

Shotgunjim,

Im not from New York, but Ive been a Yankee's fan my whole life. When my dad was about 10, his dad took him to his first professional baseball game at Yankee Stadium. My dad was a Yankee fan since that day. My dad loves the Yankees and so I grew up rooting for the Yankees. Baseball was the first real love of my life and Yankees baseball has always been a part of that....even when we absolutley SUCKED! For me its always been about the Pride-Power-Pinstripes! People just hate us because they fear us!!

As for A-Rod....He is a first ballot Hall of Famer...no doubt about it. He has struggled in the off season, but he'll come around. He is a gold glove short stop and one heck of a third baseman, and one of the best power hitters to play the game. Give him 7-8 years, and he will be the new Home Run King.

TUFF

With similar enthusiasm as some of you who like the Yankees, I dislike them.

I find it hilarious, when George spends all that coin, assembling himself a MLB All-Star team, and despite his best efforts they still suck. :7

I will say I like Joe Torre, cept he'll probable be unemployed after years end.

Word has it that Yankees fans are obligated to also root for the Los Angeles Laker's, the New England Patriots & have Jeff Gordon as your favorite Nascar left-turner.

WELL SAID BFE......AFTER SPENDING 1.6 BILLION DOLLARS ON PLAYER CONTRACTS SINCE 2000 IT IS FITTING THAT THE YANKMES ARE IN YEAR 7 OF THE POWER OUTAGE THAT SEE'S NO HAPPY ENDING. THEY HAVE SIMPLY TRIED TO BUY A WORLD SERIES ABOUT EVERY YEAR. STIENBUYERS DAYS ARE OVER, YOU WILL READ MORE ABOUT GEORGES /HEALTH RELATED PROBLEMS SOON. ALOT OF PEOPLE REALLY HAVE NO TIES WITH THE YANKS, THEY JUST LIKE TO BE ASSOCIATED WITH A WINNER...IE ..BFE STATED THE LAKERS,PATS,& JEFF GORDON...GOOD CALL BFE.---YD.

Hey now I do like the Lakers...I'm not gonna say who I liked in Nascar, about to jump ship on him....

I also like Joe Torre.

The only major league game I've ever been to was at Angel stadium when I was a kid. So my team is the California Angels of Anaheim of LA of Burbank of Huntington beach. Nolan Ryan, Bobby Gritch, Rod Carew, Don Baylor, Fred Lynn, and even Reggie Jackson.

In '86 when I was in high school I was a fry cook at some dive burger joint and was listening to the Angels Red Sox game and the Angels were 1 out away from the World series and the Red Sox won the game with a home run I was so pissed, I was bummed for about a month. Then I heard the pitcher who gave up that HR, Donny Moore, commetted suicide over it and that sucked too.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom