MLB OPENING DAY!!!!

M

marcopolo

Well winter is coming to a close, and now it's Opening Night tonight. Dodger's vs Giants and Braves vs Phillies.

Tomorrow is Opening Day, who do you think will be World Series Champions at the end of the season.

As long as it's not the damn Yankees I don't care! Would love to see a young team like the Rays or Royals win. I am just happy that baseball is back.

Devil Rays and Dodgers in World Series. Dodgers coming out on top.
But my heart is still with the tribe in Cleveland.

THE 2009 SEASON WILL BE THE YANKEES BIGGEST PUSH IN HISTORY AT TRYING TO BUY A WORLD SERIES. THE YANKS HAVE A HALF BILLION DOLLARS TIED UP IN 4 PLAYERS THEY AQUIRED THIS YEAR ALONE. I HAVE LAUGHED LONG & HARD FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS OF YANKEE SPENDING WITH NO WORLD SERIES RINGS.....BUT THIS COULD BE A REAL LAUGHER OF A SEASON...............YD.

If Barry Bonds ain't playing , I ain't watching. Lots of other guys took something and are still playing. Don't tell me Bonds couldn't be a decent to great DH someplace and he's willing to play cheap. Talk of him being a bad team mate was created and festered by the media in their vendetta based on a few incidents repeated in print hundreds of times, over and over. Managers and players respect him. Pitchers fear him. Yet he can't get a job or finish his career off as every other player in the game gets to or try to make a living. Bonds has been singled out while many others skate!! Screw Selig and screw MLB Baseball!!! I'm done with it!!

Joey

Marco, The Giant/Dodger game today is a Spring training game, I believe. I believe the Giants opener is Tuesday vs. Brewers. Tim Lincecum Vs. Jeff Suppon. Should be a good one. My prediction: Giants 5, Brewers 3.

PLAY BALL!!!!!!!

Eel

49d778ac3681054a.jpg

>
> THE 2009 SEASON
>WILL BE THE YANKEES BIGGEST
>PUSH IN HISTORY AT TRYING
>TO BUY A WORLD SERIES.
> THE YANKS HAVE A
>HALF BILLION DOLLARS TIED UP
>IN 4 PLAYERS THEY AQUIRED
>THIS YEAR ALONE. I
>HAVE LAUGHED LONG & HARD
>FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS
>OF YANKEE SPENDING WITH NO
>WORLD SERIES RINGS.....BUT THIS COULD
>BE A REAL LAUGHER OF
>A SEASON...............YD.

Funny thing is.....they may have all that money wrapped up in those players, but they are still MILLIONS of dollars below their last years payroll. I think they will be serious contenders this year. They FINALLY did what Ive been saying they needed to do for a number of years...IMPROVE THEIR PITCHING! People can ##### and moan all about the Yankee's spending money, but those people are just pissed that their teams wont do it. It comes down to this THE YANKEES ARE GOOD FOR BASEBALL. let the haters hate...We'll see you in October!! GO YANKEES!

Oh yeah...the Yankees have won 2 World Series Rings in those last 10 years that you have been laughing long and hard at!!

>>
>> THE 2009 SEASON
>>WILL BE THE YANKEES BIGGEST
>>PUSH IN HISTORY AT TRYING
>>TO BUY A WORLD SERIES.
>> THE YANKS HAVE A
>>HALF BILLION DOLLARS TIED UP
>>IN 4 PLAYERS THEY AQUIRED
>>THIS YEAR ALONE. I
>>HAVE LAUGHED LONG & HARD
>>FOR THE LAST 10 YEARS
>>OF YANKEE SPENDING WITH NO
>>WORLD SERIES RINGS.....BUT THIS COULD
>>BE A REAL LAUGHER OF
>>A SEASON...............YD.
>
>Funny thing is.....they may have all
>that money wrapped up in
>those players, but they are
>still MILLIONS of dollars below
>their last years payroll. I
>think they will be serious
>contenders this year. They FINALLY
>did what Ive been saying
>they needed to do for
>a number of years...IMPROVE THEIR
>PITCHING! People can ##### and
>moan all about the Yankee's
>spending money, but those people
>are just pissed that their
>teams wont do it.
>It comes down to this
>THE YANKEES ARE GOOD FOR
>BASEBALL. let the haters hate...We'll
>see you in October!! GO
>YANKEES!

So the YANKEES ARE GOOD FOR BASEBALL because they act like a spoiled little bratt hat gets his a*s kicked on his video game and hits the start over button every year? They outspend half the league combined but have only won two championships in ten years? Isn't that the same amount that the Diamondbacks won?

So, because their management is willing to go out and spend money, it automatically makes them spoiled little brats. Like I said, its comments like this that make me laugh....if your teams owner was willing to open his dang pocketbook to make a more competetive team, wouldnt you want them to??? If you say no, you are lying. No one wants to watch their team lose...So instead of bitching about the Yankees, maybe people should complain about their own teams ownerships inability, or all out refusal, to spend money on the best players. Those teams that complain about the Yankees spending, sure done seem to have a problem cashing the checks they get from leagues profit sharing....nor do they seem to complain when the Yankees come to town and their stadiums sell more tickets during that stretch, than any other time during the year. The Yankees generate interest, improves ratings, increases merchandising, TV rights, etc., and keep people coming out to see baseball...and that it good for all of baseball.

So hate away....we arent the DAMN YANKEES for nothing!!

Who gives a dam! Allthough I do have to agree with all that Tuffbucker has said.

You are right, they do give money to other teams, and many of them are managed piss poorly (is that a word?). And in a way, I guess they are good for baseball because you do get the rest of the teams fans to come out and boo them or hate on them. And if you want them to go out and buy a championship, thats fine. If you follow this line of thinking, I imagine you would be ok paying to hunt behind a high fence to kill a trophy Not my cup of tea. Let's try to earn it, not pay for it! LOL

TUFFBUCK,

Your right it's funny. I keep laughing at the 2004 ALCS, BoSox down three games and they come back to win the "NEVER BEEN DONE BEFORE" ALCS in seven. And they just keep stacking player's, makes me laugh even more when they don't even make the post season, hey kinda like last year. Yep that one keeps me laughing even today. Go RedSox!

There was no curse the red sox just sucked for 87 years!

GO YANKS!!!

"Cooters R Cool"

Cool that means summer is here :)

Sage ? Barry Bonds, I can't imagine why a team would want to strap that on ?
A. He is 100 years old
B. He is currently under indictment.
C. They can't find a helmet to fit his enormous head.
D. The Yankees have a full roster.

Speaking of the Yankees, They are always looking for a short-cut, kinda like their fans, when choosing who to root for, they decide, who can I root for that will give me the best chance at a rooting for a title.

LAST EDITED ON Apr-07-09 AT 06:32PM (MST)[p]B_f_E, You're not the only one with that opinion. You have yours, i have mine and i'm not alone in this either.

A) He's like 44. Last time he played he had the highest on Base % in baseball. Would have outright won the Slugging % if he hadn't been walked so many times. Didn't have enough AB's Still had 28 dingers and hella good OPS. Most who play at any age never come close to the season he had. He's in better shape NOW than he was year and a half ago!

B)indictment? What indictment? The Feds never did have a case. This has been going on for 5 years. Pure waste of taxpayers money. Is the man not entitled to make a living?

C. The helmet BS is just that. I have 3 decent Resistol hats that don't fit anymore. i was 7 3/8 in college 7 3/4 now. I was a size 11 D shoe in college, 13 1/2 EE now. BS, The media has always made him out to be a bad guy yet most of his team mates say it ain't so. Bonds is a ballplayer, he's no thug!

D) The only guy who might have a better season for the money is some rookie! Bonds would be a great DH and the yanks might not be going home when the playoffs start with him on the team. Plus, he's a fan draw. People love to see Bonds "At Bats."

People don't like Bonds because he didn't play for their team. He was also miles better than anybody who did play on your team. Bonds was nails. A better clutch hitter never lived, especially in his later years. Bonds could still earn his keep. He wants to play, let him play!!

This guy says it better than me. Like i said though. i'm not alone on this, Bonds got Major League screwed!

http://www.collegian.psu.edu/archive/2009/04/07/hatred_of_bonds_disproportiona.aspx

Joey

Sorry guys, I know I am going to get a bit of flack for this comment, but Baseball and Nascar are about the two most boring sports to watch. Oh, and golf is up there too.

Alp, you're apparently someone who doesn't believe in competition, or keeping score. Go back and watch your sitcoms, and leave those of us who love the national pastime to our thread without your whining.

Go Giants!

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom