Missouri Breaks Tag!

TheSaint

Yes I drew a Missouri River Breaks tag, unfortunately I must have messed up b/c it's a ewe tag!!! I don't know how I messed this one up. I guess I'll take the bow up and just go have fun. Am I exempt from the 7yr waiting period since this is a ewe? Fortunately I only had a few points and didn't burn too many.

Yes, you will be eligible to apply for a ram tag next year. Good luck on the ewe hunt! Take lots of pics.

I also made the same mistake for my dad he is also going ewe hunting ..... he did forgive me he only burned 2 points

Drawing a ewe takes your points??? I'd slash my wrists if I wasted my points on a ewe. God forbid I ever make that mistake. Although in a few more years when I still don't draw and I'm wearing plastic hips, that will be an option.

Losing your points isn't that big of a deal for a non-resident. If you look at the tag draw vs. bonus points, many of the non-ressy tag go to people that have very few points. The draw odds are so astronomical that bonus points really don't make that big of a difference.

At least with a ewe tag, a person can say they hunted Montana. Most of us would need 20 lifetimes in order to draw a tag.

The way our point system works...they are basically worthless anyway...so dont sweat it.

I know a guy who killed a goat 7 years ago, hasn't collected a point since, and drew this year his first year eligible...Lucky...hell yeah, but goofy as heck in my opinion! I know he's a happy guy though and I'm happy for him!

E

>I know a guy who killed
>a goat 7 years ago,
>hasn't collected a point since,
>and drew this year his
>first year eligible...Lucky...hell yeah, but
>goofy as heck in my
>opinion! I know he's a
>happy guy though and I'm
>happy for him!
>
>E