Missing your gun stock??

Dr_Hunter

Very Active Member
Just wanted to let you know I found the other half of your gun. Send me a pm and I will gladly send you the GPS coordinates.

1876dutton_2011_037.jpg

1468dutton_2011_036.jpg

I sure would like to know the story behind this. . .

I bet you thought you had found yourself a rifle at first, hee hee. My guess is the hunter partner wouldn't keep quiet...and they couldn't shoot them...so...Whack !

-Sig
Find 'em. Learn 'em. Shoot 'em. Eat 'em.

Wonder if some ones horse rolled over in that area . I saw a buddies stock that looked like that after he had a bad horse wreck , and his rifle stock broke in the scabbard .

I agree , it would be cool to hear the story on this one .

OUCH! Indeed, that would be a bad wreck.

This was on Mt. Dutton, and yes, I did think that I had found a gun at first. That is why I took a sweet ATL pic.

looks like it caught a low hangin' tree branch a horseback when the rider was leading his horse...ooopps...thats why I just tie the top of my scabbard to the horn and let the bottom just dangle...got some nice dings in the stock but not busted..yet..

WOW! About 5 years ago I had a buddy who had a Dutton Turtle tag. The second day of the hunt he called his wife and said he wounded a big one and was tracking it in thick brush. That was the last anyone ever heard from him. I know his rifle had a thumb hole stock.

I wonder........

Eel

>WOW! About 5 years ago I
>had a buddy who had
>a Dutton Turtle tag. The
>second day of the hunt
>he called his wife and
>said he wounded a big
>one and was tracking it
>in thick brush. That was
>the last anyone ever heard
>from him. I know his
>rifle had a thumb hole
>stock.
>
>I wonder........
>
>Eel

WTH , 5 years ago and its just now barely making the news. We need to stick together as turtle hunters and take care of each other. Maybe a search party or at least a vigil. After this many years its likely that rogue and wounded turtle could really be a handfull. You guys that have Dutton tags be careful and watch your backside.

Maybe he missed a number of times when shooting and got so mad that he took it out of a TREE TRUNK by swinging the rifle at it for revenge....LOL

My idiot EX son-in-law did that back in Colo in early 90's when he missed a big elk. Cheap scope that fogged up and he took it out on a tree then and then took his son's rifle and continued hunting.

Brian
http://i25.tinypic.com/fxbjgy.jpg[/IMG]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom