Missing a deer season....

Wiszard

Long Time Member
Well, it looks like I won't be deer hunting this year. My wife has some health issues that will probably take us into the beginning of the season but we're not sure. I have decided to do the right thing and just not plan on going this year. I'm 43 and it kills me to skip a year knowing I may only have 40 more to hunt. If it works out that I would be able to go, I think I may fork out the cash to buy a landowner tag somewhere. Maybe I will head to AZ and hunt with my bow the week before Xmas. Who knows...only time will tell. I am extremely bummed though...

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Sorry to hear that Steve. Coming from someone who has skipped quite a few the past 20 years, skipping one will only make the ones you do hunt that much more important to you when you do get to do them. Hope all works out with your wife. Time with her is more precious than any hunt you could ever go on. Love her as much as you can while you have her. You won't regret a minute of it.

Living with regret over missing a hunt or two is a lot easier than regretting not loving someone as much as you can when you could do it.

HOOK 'EM!

Since I am frequently asked about my religion on this site and others, I have created a profile that explains my beliefs. If you are interested in finding out more about my faith, please visit the link below:

http://mormon.org/me/6RNQ/

Doing the right thing is still doing the right thing! It doesn't always make it any easier.

Missing a season hurts but hunting is all selfish anyway, loving someone and giving of yourself is selfless. When the chips are down it puts things into perspective in a hurry.

Good luck to you ...and your wife!

Zeke

Sorry to hear that Steve. Your doing the right thing, it seems tough now but it will always be easier than some kind of regret. Best to you and your wife! If you come to arizona hit me up.

Todd

Wiz, very sorry to hear that your sweetheart is hurting. Nothing is worse than someone you love having health issues. I wish her all the best and hope she's able to watch you head out the door for the next 40 deer hunts.

Now that Utah is out for you, for this year, be sure to put in for your General Season and Limited Entry hunts preference and bonus points so you'll have better odds next year.

See below:

"From 11:00 p.m., March 6th until 11:00 p.m. March 20th, only bonus point and preference point applications will be accepted."

This sentence is in red bold, on the second red sentence on the page, printed on this Application page:

https://www.utah-hunt.com/(S(1zjajs55sbfv5if1fx5yyt2c))/Default.aspx

Take care of the home fires Wiz, they keep you warm at night!

DC

Sorry to hear about that. I know how you feel in terms of missing out on hunts. My first bull tag/hunt ever was cut short by a death out of state and had to pack it up after only hunting for a few days. Got a 8 mo. old that has a hand surgery scheduled day before turkey hunt starts this spring and drew a early good tag but wont be able to go. It's part of life but at least you got your priorities straight. Hunts come and go....If you go on that hunt a certain someone may never forget that. Not worth it... family first, hunting second.

I think you're doing the right thing Wisz! Good for you.

Deer hunting isn't THAT much fun, and I think all the biologists are wrong about 2014 being the best year for big bucks in the past 20 years.

Eel

That's good chit, eel! Thanks for the response guys. My wife will be fine...just gotta go through the process of getting her well. Good luck to you all.

2lumpy....already put in for points. Thanks!

Steve

Cancer doesn't discriminate...don't take your good health for granted because it can be gone in a heartbeat. Please go back and read the last line. This time really understand what it says.

Hang in there Steve----

Good karma comes back around to us that sacrifice for love.

Lot's of Leftover tags come about mid-July from many western states, maybe your Mrs will be on the fast track to recovery by then and you and your son could pick up something Leftover...

Always some OTC tags available.....

Robb

Wiz, I had an issue with my daughter back in 08.
I learned a couple things. First there are some good
People on this rathole called MM.

Second, as a man we are used to just fixing $hit. It was
Hard for me to accept that I wasn't fixing this. Either the Dr's.
We're right and she wasn't going to be around much longer
Or they has their heads in their asses and it was all a crock.
Fortunately for my family, what was supposed to be a quarter
Sized melanoma ended up being a benign tumor. 6 years later
The oncologist still won't admit it. Call it a bad diagnosis, of like
I like to think of it, a miracle. This ordeal started in May.
We didn't get the all clear from Huntsman till day before thanksgiving.

I didn't skip the hunt that year and in my opinion it made me a better
Support system for my family. My counsel, is don't let this
Eat you up, keep an even keel through good and not so good
News. Don't be afraid to ask for help and get every doctor you can
Find to give you an opinion. For Gods sake don't do like I did and
Pigeon hole yourself with one Doctor that wants to play God.
Getting the kid to Huntsman was the best thing I did.

Personally I'd get the tag, even if you only get out one morning it
Will help more than you know.

"The future is large scale auction tags.
The majority of the tags should go up
for auction anually. It MIGHT even be
good to allow second sales of auction
tags as in outfitters purchasing tags
and then re-selling them to the public."
TRISTATE 8/17/2012

Wiszard,
Very sorry to hear of your wife's health issues. You sound like a very good husband. Get that wife of yours well and the both of you can hit it hard next season!

NRA Life Member

Leftys are the only ones in their right minds--and I ain't talkin' politics!

Wiz
Check on that DEER tag in South Dakota they have a LATE app(Oct) date.
Plus you get to pheasant hunt at the same time.

Hope she gets well soon. Buddy.

"I have found if you go the extra mile it's Never crowded".
>[Font][Font color = "green"]Life member of
>the MM green signature club.[font/]

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom