Minox vs.Vortex

bragabit

I am trying to decide between the Minox 10x43hg or the Vortex razors 10x42. Anyone with firsthand knowledge good or bad I would like to hear it. Also how does the new Minox apo hg compare with Swarovski. I love Swarovski but am having a hard time pulling the trigger on $1400 SLC's. Does anything else compare under $1000.

Don't overlook the Cabela's/Meopta Euro's. They're in the same price range and are fantastic binos for the money!

I recently had the opportunity to compare the Razors, Minox HG, and Zen-Ray ED2 in the 10x42/3 class. These are my findings:

1. Both Minox and Zen Ray were neck and neck as far as crisp image. Zen was a tinch brighter, but softer at the edges.

2. Razor was close behind. I liked the ergo feel of the razors more than minox and Zen but the edge crip/contrast goes to Minox and Zen.

I went with the Vortex Razors as a replacement for my "pre ashperical lens" Minox BDs. I looked at the HGs but to my eyes, they weren't any better than my BD10x42BRs that they were replacing. The Vortex's were a definite step up. That said, I only looked through the HGs at Sportsman's Warehouse and I know that that may not be a fair comparison. With as many people as there are who like the HGs, I may have looked through a poor pair or an "older version". To my eyes the Razors were better.

I also really like the Cabelas Euros but went the Razors due to price at the time.

I also own a Minox BD8x32BR with the ASPH lens technology and they are absolutely terrific. I liked Minox before they were as popular as they are today. They are a terrific bino for the money and only your eyes will be able to tell the difference between the Razors and HGs.

Good luck!

FH

I put the minox, vortex, bushnel elites, and the pentax dcf ed to a side by side test a couple yrs ago. The clear winner was the pentax.

Pentax dcf ed here also. Since I've had them no one has shown me any better view. Just last week did a side by side comparison with a friend's minox hg's. The Minox was good, but my Pentax clearly won.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom