Minox 8-14x40mm ED Vario

R

rackem406

I wanted to report on my recent purchase of binos. In the past I have always bummed good glass for my hunts from friends and have used Leica, Swarovski, and Docter. I had to quit bumming glass and use my own. I would of loved to go with some Leica or Swarovski, but it was out of my price range. So after a lot of research I ended up going with the Minox BD 8-14x40 BR ED ASPH Vario.

Doug from Camera Land hooked me up with a pair at a great price. I have to say that I was very suprised with what I got for the price. The ED glass is perfect and there is no distortion at the edges even at 14 power. I would tell anyone to compare the clarity to Leica or Swarovski. They are excellent and everyone who has looked through them were suprised with the quality. In low light the glass performed very well for 40mm objective.

Of course the 40mm objective is also the one point that is the weakness in comparison to the big dogs. The field of view is small and when you are at 14 power it is a smaller view then most expect. The light gathering abilities are also lower considering the objective size, but is still good.

Overall these binos are great and will cover a lot of uses. I am definitely glad I got them and I believe I got the most for my dollar. For the price difference I really can't see going with the Leica Duovid's. If money isn't an object I would go with the Duovids, but if it is you will not be dissapointed with Minox. IMO, the only thing you are giving up is field of view and a little better light gathering. But at $750 you can't go wrong.

Rackem

INTERVIEW WITH GOD
http://www.livingwaters.com/interview/index.shtml

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Great Deals at Camera Land

Camera Land - Optics, Cameras, & More

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics

Camera Land - The Place to Buy Optics
Back
Top Bottom