Minnesooooooota People....

E

ELKabong

Young Sven lived in northern Minnesota and he was vaguely aware of an amazing family tradition. He had heard that his father, grandfather and great-grandfather had all been able to walk on water on their 21st birthday. On that day, they'd walk across the lake to the boat club for their first legal drink. Sven didn't question his family about this, he just took it on faith that this was part of his heritage.

When his 21st birthday came around, he and his pal Oley took a boat out to the middle of the lake where Sven intended to carry on the family tradition. Sven stepped out of the boat, fully expecting to walk the rest of the way to the boat club, but sank like a stone and nearly drowned! Oley just managed to pull him to safety.

Furious and confused, Sven went to see his grandmother.'Grandma, it's my 21st birthday, so why can't I walk across the lake like my father, his father, and his father before him?

Granny looked into Sven's eyes and said, 'Because, ya dumb arse, yur faudder, grandfaudder and great grandfaudder wuz born in January, you wuz born in August.'

Good one -! But I heard another one about Sven and Oley and their friend Doodah. If appears that they all went fishing out on the river one day and Sven and Oley were sitting in the boat when Doodah hooks a great big one! It jerked his pole really quickly and took the whole thing into the water. "My best favorite pole!" Cried Doodah, jumping in after it. Poor Doodah though forgot he couldn't swim very well and once his waders filled up with water he sunk clean to the bottom and drowned. Sven and Oley tried to pull him out but it was too late. So they called the State Trooper to come and investigate yah. Sven, who had a really bad stuttering problem wanted to talk to the trooper, but Oley knew it would be useless so he sent Sven back to Doodah's house to break the unfortunate news to his young wife. Well, Sven went but he got really nervous and when Doodah's bride came to the door he tried to talk but his stuttering tongue got in the way, so he did the only thing he knew to do without stuttering, which was to sing to his favorite song "Camp Town Ladies", and here is his verse:

"Guess who jumped in the river and drown,
Doodah, Doodah,"

Pttffff ding! (rimshot)

UTROY
Proverbs 21:19 (why I hunt!)

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom