Million Mile Chevy

muleyman

Very Active Member
I heard today another chevy has crossed the 1 million mile. Here is pics from the last chevy that went over 1 million in 2005.

I had a chevy once. Bought new in 2002 when the duramax and allison tranny came out. 15K miles later and two trannies, I sold the POS and bought a ford 04 F350 6.0L. POS turbo when out at 1K, 9K, tranny at 20K and engine at 42K.

Bought a dodge, haven't had any issues...yet!

muleyman
47b216112cb3cb38.jpg

47b216292e1b56e8.jpg

LMMFAO!!!

THAT YEAR OF CHEVY IN THE PIC IS ONE OF THE CHEAPEST BUILT CHEVY'S EVER BUILT!!!

DOOR HINGES GLUED ON & THE WHOLE DOOR FALLS OFF!!!

BALL JOINT EATING BASTARDS!!!

SOME OF THEM HAD FIBER DRIVE SHAFTS,WAFJ!!!

THE NEWER CHEVY'S ARE WAY NICER THAN THIS MODEL EVER THOUGHT OF BEING!!!

WOULD SOMEBODY FIND OUT WHAT IT COST HIM TO DRIVE THAT RIG THE LAST 800,000 MILES PLEASE???

I GUESS YOU CAN DO IT WITH ANY OF THEM IF YOU'VE GOT ENOUGH MONEY & LOTS OF PARTS!!!

NOT KNOCKING JUST CHEVY'S,THEY ALL WEAR OUT!!!

SEEN IT SEVERAL TIMES AROUND HERE!!!

PISS POOR BODIES,I GUESS THAT GOES FOR MANY THOUGH!!!

THE OILFIELD BOYS TEST THEM AROUND HERE FOR THE REAL TEST!!!

AND I'LL GUARANTEE YOU NONE OF THEM GO A MILLION MILES!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

well muleyman sounds like you made a good choice, dodge is the only way to go.....................................lol, i agree with bobcat million miles dont mean anything. some trucks last longer than others for some reason. i could go on and on about any truck breaking down within weeks of being new, just depends if they were built on a friday or monday.
we also have two of the exact same 4 wheelers, bought from the same company. when lined up side by side the one is faster, also one tops out at 69 mph, one at 74mph.

>we also have two of the
>exact same 4 wheelers, bought
>from the same company. when
>lined up side by side
>the one is faster, also
>one tops out at 69
>mph, one at 74mph.

Air pressure in the tires. Even 1lb difference will change the diameter of the tire slightly increasing / decreasing speed vs the other. Very common.

-DallanC

Probably only a chevy.

I have one of those Silverado POS'S, a 1992, that only has about 400,000 miles on it, with the original engine. I did have to replace a rear end due to the pinion gear breaking at around 250,000 miles, and a manual transmission due to me taking it to a mechanic that didn't know what he was doing and put the wrong lubricant in it and burned up a bearing, around 300,000 miles. Other than it needing a new radiator right now (the POS) it still runs with the original 350 gas engine. It'll need a new engine soon, probably before it hits 450,000 miles, the POS.

I think I also had to replace the ball joints, once; the POS......

OH Yeah, I'm also on the fourth POS clutch too! Only getting about 125,000 miles on each one, POS's.

:)

Well i can't come near claiming a million miles but i racked up over 400K before swapping motors on my 76 Chev 1/2 ton fleetside. The POS started running rough, i figgured it was due, bought a crate job, and paid a guy to help with the swap. Same old carb caused the new plant to run just as rough as the old one.

Just before i took the wheels off and planted her in the back for a flower garden, some guy showed up with $1200. cash begging me to sell her to him. That truck had earned a rest but i relented and it's still looking good tooling around on the road today.

2 other Chevy 4x4's i own get regular service, brakes, and a battery now and then. I love them POS's.

My '95 still runs and looks good. 160k and going strong. I've been out looking at new pickups a few times the past few years and then thought, Why? I'm money way ahead just maintaining the old chevy.........

ALRIGHT CHEVY SUCK-ASSES!!!

ADMIT IT!!!

YOU ALL WANT TO RUN THAT TRUCK MORE THAN A MILLION MILES!!!

AND FOR A MILLION DOLLARS YOU PROBABLY CAN!!!

QUIT BEING SO DAMN CHEAP & TIGHT AND GO DOWN TO THE LOCAL CHEVY SHOP & BUY THAT NEW 50,000.00 CHEVY!!!

I CAN HEAR IT NOW!!!

"THIS TRUCK IS GONNA GO 2 MILLION MILES"!!!

FOR 50k IT SHOULD!!!

THIS IS MY NEW GUN,YOU MAY NOT LIKE IT,YOU'LL LIKE IT A HELL OF A LOT LESS WHEN IT HITS ITS DESTINATION!!!
47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

THE ONLY bobcat THAT KNOWS ALOT OF YOU HAVE HAD THIS IMAGE IN YOUR PEA BRAIN BUT DUE TO POOR SHOOTING TACTICS I'M STILL KICKIN!!!

RE: ALRIGHT CHEVY SUCK-ASSES!!!

LOOKS LIKE JOHNNY CASH COULD'OF WROTE SONG ABOUT THAT TRUCK???

WELL ITS A '49,'50,'51............................................!!!

47654abd5a8fd79a.jpg

469ff2b8110d7f4e.jpg

I think we all have had a "POS" truck at least once in our life time....if your over 33yrs of age! ;)

muleyman

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom