Mill Creek Watershed-Oregon side

W

wahunter20

I was wondering if anybody on here has ever drawn this tag or if anybody had any info that they would be willing to share on the Quality of bulls, or overall quality of the hunt itself.

I have heard that it is a good hunt. But you better have 11 or 12 points if you plan on drawing this year.

I have guided all around it. Guides cant go in there, and you cant take anyone in there to hunt with you. Its small, steep and has some big bulls. Personaly, I would never want to hunt it, cause hunting is always more pleasurable with buddies. You are only allowed to take one guy with you to halp pack it out. No hunting together. I would put in for Mt Emily if it was me.

I was helping a fella who had a Walla Walla archery tag last year. We were camped at the head of the South Fork and had a bunch of bulls coming out of the watershed that were bugling and partying all night behind camp.

I put a trailcam a couple hundred yards above camp to see what they were. Here's one of the trouble makers that was keeping us awake...

campbull2.jpg

croppedcampbull.jpg

I had the watershed tag in 2004 and bagged a 7x7 that grossed 365 would do it again if given the chance. I will try and post a photo later.

no-name, i wanna see your bull! i have a buddy who drew that tag this year. he's got a starting point and will hunt hard. do you have any other suggestions for him?
and if you are haveing troubles posting pics, which sometimes is a pain, you could e-mail them to me and i'll post em up for you.

KILLERBEE. I had my best hunts on paradise ridge. if you stay on the south facing slope you can glass a lot of county. It also seems that once the elk are pushed they try to cross paradise in to washington side, but I think it is all good. You also may consider fly if you can there is not a lot you can glass preseason. Also my wife will be home tonight to help with the pics. But if it dosnt work I may take you up on your offer.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-19-09 AT 08:16PM (MST)[p]very cool, looking forward to it!

oh and as far as the "STOP IT!" from wapitibob, he has the WALLA WALLA tag this year and tree killer was posting those pics that he got while helping a buddy on a walla walla tag. so i'm thinking thats what it's about

LAST EDITED ON Jul-19-09 AT 08:56PM (MST)[p]>LAST EDITED ON Jul-19-09
>AT 08:16 PM (MST)

>
>very cool, looking forward to it!
>
>
>oh and as far as the
>"STOP IT!" from
>wapitibob, he has the WALLA
>WALLA tag this year and
>tree killer was posting those
>pics that he got while
>helping a buddy on
>a walla walla tag.
>so i'm thinking thats what
>it's about

yeppers

I'm goin nuts too.

LAST EDITED ON Jul-20-09 AT 10:49PM (MST)[p]LAST EDITED ON Jul-20-09 AT 10:42?PM (MST)

trying again to send pic
4a6546bc3db1a2ea.jpg

4a6548a44753b77c.jpg

dam no-name, that is a helluva bull!

congrats, thats worth the points if you ask me. i'll make sure to have my buddy check out your pics, he'll be chomping at the bit! he's headed up this weekend for his first scouting trip.

he just talked to the fish and game guy. he was all stoked to bivy out in the watershed for his, well come to find out- you cant stay the night in there. so it's in and out everyday.

cool pics though, thanks for posting

I wouldn't apply for Mill Creek Watershed. There's too many restrictions and I don't know but one out of five guys that have harvested a bull in that unit. Last year I knew two guys that drew both had horses and neither had an oppurtunity at a bull the whole season. I would put my points in on Mt Emily or hold out.

>LAST EDITED ON Jul-20-09
>AT 10:49?PM (MST)

>
>LAST EDITED ON Jul-20-09
>AT 10:42?PM (MST)

>
>trying again to send pic
>
4a6546bc3db1a2ea.jpg

>
>
4a6548a44753b77c.jpg

That is a nice bull but you could have done better. Fat boy like you would have a hard time getting out of those canyons are you sure you shot it in the watershed. Looks like you got lucky twice a tag with 1 point and a 365 bull. Should let those type of bulls grow a little more just kills me seeing a bull that small being taken out of there. Maybe you will draw it again someday but as a non resident it is not likely

the bull was killed in the water shed. And I have been climbing all over the canyons all my life. Also I have lived in oregon all my life, killing big bulls.

elkslam. I just looked at your profile. I know who you are. So how fat do you think I am.

I talked to your brother today and he said you posted your bull on mm. So I thought we would screw with you a bit. He said you might get pissed, we had a good laugh. It really is a great bull. I think your brother and I are going to hunt the minam this year together. If your over this way you will have to give me a call.

Back
Top Bottom