Miles

justr_86

Long Time Member
How many miles do you put on a vehicle in a year? Just out of curiosity, I drive a lot just seein what you guys/gals do.

Work truck; got it last august with 48 miles, now 4 sets of tires and 12 oil changes later I have 36281 right now.

Personal truck; also got it last august put 7000 miles on it since I bought it with a trailer always hooked to it.

Wifes car bought it in december with 25k and it has 46k now.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

I got a new company truck in Nov 2007, I have put 45,000 miles on it.

I got a new personal truck in July 2008 I have only put about 8,500 on it.

My wifes vehicle....... the wheels never stop turning! She puts about 30,000 per year on hers to a from work, hauling the kids around, and most times when we go out on the weekends we take hers.

my new truck. I got it exactly one week ago with 14 miles. Just rolled over 1500 miles this morning. I usually put 60 to 75k a year on my trucks.

ego participate in Monasteriense muleys proinde ego sum bardus (I participate on monstermuleys therefore I am stupid)

I just bought my grandpas 98 gmc sierra. He bought it in 1999 and it had 34k miles on it. When I got it last week it had 56k on it. He only ever drove it to go golfing. I looked up at the oil change sticker on the windshield today and I noticed the ole girl was about 200 miles away from needing to get an oil change. It said last time it was changed was 03-25-2008. Made me laugh a little

Just_86, I'll wager i know where this question came from... :)

My work truck is used around the Lake here doing jobs or service calls. If i said i put 10K a year on it, might be an exaggeration. My camper truck gets to visit the Bay Area, Mom, at least a couple times a year, some fishing, and all hunting trips. Last year i went to Wyoming hunting so all together, about 4-5K.

Tires last me a lot longer than the average guy!!

Joey

GEEZUS why did you have to ask this question justr,lol!

Where do I start on high mileage rigs in the yard?
My old huntin rig of many years 576,000 miles,ain't a truck anywhere that rattles like this one does.
F-250 over 200,000 miles
PISSCUTTER has 129,000 miles
Grocery Getter I just got rid of had 210,000 miles
Grocery Getter 1 car 139,000 miles
Grocery Getter 2 98,000 miles
Sons Cherokee 151,000 miles
My work Truck 215,000 miles
Good Gawd what a bunch of wore out high mileage junk,except the Dodge,she's got another 215K in her,lol!}>}>}>

Ya,you might say we drive em!

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

I bought my Tacoma new in May 2003. It's the only vehicle my wife and I own. I got 52,117 miles on it now. That's about 7500 miles a year.

I blowed the carbon out of it twice! Both times on the Mormon 500.

My owners manual says I need to change spark plugs in another 48,000 miles, about 7 years from now. There is four of them so I better start saving up now.

Eel

I buy expensive tires, but they live their very short life in the bookcliffs loaded down about 12-13 thousand lbs. That shale is very very hard on tires!

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

((((((((((((((((((HEY kilo))))))))))))))))))

You hear that kilo?
justr doesn't rotate his tires every 3,000 miles,he just puts another new set on every few thousand miles!}>}>}>

I love not acting my age,
Damn I love my NASCAR race,
And Hell yes I love my Truck!

RE: ((((((((((((((((((HEY kilo))))))))))))))))))

well hell, It aint my money theres a company credit card in my pocket.

4b1db2ac644136c4.jpg

LAST EDITED ON Jun-15-10 AT 08:33AM (MST)[p]Eel, You are lucky. I just had to replace the plugs on my wifes Expedition....$16 each....those stupid Coil over plug thingy cost about $80 each.

Not gonna buy new again.

My owners manual says I need to change spark plugs in another 48,000 miles, about 7 years from now. There is four of them so I
>better start saving up now.

Eel

Compromise, hell! ... If freedom is right and tyranny is wrong, why should those who believe in freedom treat it as if it were a roll of bologna to be bartered a slice at a time?

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom