Miles City

Muley_73

Very Active Member
My son is looking at going to Miles CC to play baseball next year. I am just curious if there will be any good hunting around that area for him and or myself when I go up and visit. Is any of the big game over the counter or is it all draw? Is there any good bird hunting and how is access? We will be non res. Thanks for any info

I've only hunted antelope in the area, and I'd say it's pretty good. Especially for Montana.

I know there's good mule deer in the area, but not really sure how easy access is to them. Gotta imagine there's some good walk in BMA's. Same for whitetail.

There's all the gopher shooting a guy could ever want to do.

not sure about miles city but just south of there around boadus the hunting is ok. i have hunted around that area four about 6 years and the access is ok the national forrest is there and some blm and block managment land. I would focas on the block managment. I am a non res and to have a better than average chance at a tag you will need about 2 points. One thing i like about MT is they have a second drawing for returned tags and i have gotten a tag that way aslo. In six years i have had a buck tag 4 times so not bad. Not sure on how many doe tags you can buy i think about 3-4 if you are looking for meat and a good time. I have not hunted any birds but i see them around while hunting mulies. hope that helps

I lived in Miles City in 07 & 08 and still travel back there to do a lot of hunting. Pick up a block management map and do a little homework and get to know some locals. Whiteys, Muleys and Goats within an hour of town. Best goose hunting I have ever experienced (along the Yellowstone River), plenty of pheasants too, just gotta scout a little and find a few good spots.

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos

Montana Hunting Guides & Outfitters

Bearpaw Outfitters

Mule deer, whitetail, antelope, buffalo, and prairie dogs on private ranch leases totaling about 100,000 acres.

Urge 2 Hunt

We focus on trophy elk, mule deer, whitetail and antelope and manage our ranches for top quality.

Vargo Hunting

Top quality bear, antelope and free range bison hunts on the Crow Indian Res. Turkey and cougar as well.

Back
Top Bottom