Midnight Snack on the Snatch

Stubaby

Very Active Member
I haven’t had much time to scout this year. Decided to break out the spotter last week and try to find some Wasatch elk.

Helped one of my best buds’ nephew tag out on his first branch antlered bull yesterday on the opener. We were in them thick. After a missed opportunity in the morning, I had to go to work. I got a call around 730 pm that a nice bull came out pushing cows just before dark and that’s all she wrote.

They needed some water and food so I met up with some more guys who were called to help pack. Got him off the Mtn around midnight. If anyone wants to know how many people it takes to get a mature bull off the mountain in one trip, the answer with the head is 6. The elk seemed to be much lower this year than most other years. Lots of good feed and banner acorn crop from what I can tell. 🤷‍♂️
IMG_0428.jpeg
IMG_7181.jpeg
IMG_7183.jpeg
IMG_7182.jpeg
IMG_7166.jpeg
IMG_7167.jpeg

I haven’t had much time to scout this year. Decided to break out the spotter last week and try to find some Wasatch elk.

Helped one of my best buds’ nephew tag out on his first branch antlered bull yesterday on the opener. We were in them thick. After a missed opportunity in the morning, I had to go to work. I got a call around 730 pm that a nice bull came out pushing cows just before dark and that’s all she wrote.

They needed some water and food so I met up with some more guys who were called to help pack. Got him off the Mtn around midnight. If anyone wants to know how many people it takes to get a mature bull off the mountain in one trip, the answer with the head is 6. The elk seemed to be much lower this year than most other years. Lots of good feed and banner acorn crop from what I can tell. 🤷‍♂️View attachment 158498View attachment 158499View attachment 158500View attachment 158501View attachment 158502View attachment 158503
Amazing job!

Congratulations
Nice bull
I like your pack method better than mine. Mine have been solo or with one friend. Definitely want to start finding packers. On long hauls ( 1 trip per day) we are exhausted after 3 days of packing.

Nice bull. Congrats!! .......on a side note, I think I'd change the title of your post!!🤣🤣🤣🤣...gonna have people click on it for the wrong reasons!!🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nice bull but I don’t know about your thread title though 😂 🤣 At first glance I thought maybe you got a little then had a snack 😂
😂 See I pictured him as a guy who has many nicknames for his dogs and other things too. I recognized the title and it reminded me of a meme I saw that my household related to:
Chicken Lips went to HR so now we can’t use nicknames. 🤣

They needed some water and food so I met up with some more guys who were called to help pack. Got him off the Mtn around midnight. If anyone wants to know how many people it takes to get a mature bull off the mountain in one trip, the answer with the head is 6. The elk seemed to be much lower this year than most other years. Lots of good feed and banner acorn crop from what I can tell. 🤷‍♂️View attachment 158498View attachment 158499View attachment 158500View attachment 158501View attachment 158502View attachment 158503
It takes 6 to carry a casket as well.

Congrats to the young man!

Great start to the year way to go

A little dark there,
We will agree to disagree on that.

My uncle always told me to keep 6 friends to carry your casket and F&$& the rest of them.

And either way. It’s a good bull I am happy for them.

But for future reference….. you can do it with less then 6

We will agree to disagree on that.

My uncle always told me to keep 6 friends to carry your casket and F&$& the rest of them.

And either way. It’s a good bull I am happy for them.

But for future reference….. you can do it with less then 6

Ya, when someone comes and gets the guns and optics first, and you aren’t dragging quarters in the dirt!!! 🤪

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom