Mid-Life Crisis

mtmuley

Long Time Member
First the Mustang, now the Challenger, and I know there is a Camaro out there. Most of us probably had a car like that 25 to 30 years ago. Maybe longer. I did. I want another one. mtmuley

Had a '67' Camero SS with a 350 hp 327. Biggest POS on the planet .... but I sure wish I still had it!

RUS

mtmuley ... mine was canry yellow with the black detail around the grill ... had a 2 speed 'power slip' tranny & got about 7 miles to the gallon ... was truly a chick magnet though. If you could get them in the back seat they couldn't get away. LOL

RUS

The new Challenger is my favorite but I'm partial since I own a '70. I love the new Shelby Mustang but the way they left the trade mark road lights out of the grille ticks me off, the new Camaro is nice but not as much of a retro look as the other two in my opinion.

Anyway you look at it all three are the nicest cars in the last 30 years , I love it.

LAST EDITED ON Feb-08-08 AT 10:39PM (MST)[p]69 Roadrunner......

47ad3c526cf613d2.jpg

47aa8a9e202b0d9f.jpg

Another Mopar guy? is that yours?

There's a '69 Roadrunner for sale near me but it came from the coast and is a real rust bucket. I keep thinking about it because it's an original 383 4spd with the air grabber hood but I just don't think I want that much work.

Mopar or no car.

Not mine any more....sold it years ago....miss her now though. dont miss paying for the gas.

477ae34e5b284072.jpg

Mine was a 1969 Mach 1 Mustang. Candy apple red with black hood. Hi-po 390, 4 speed, Calif. Special with rally package. that baby would burn scratch in the first three gears. After looking at the prices to get a 69 Mach 1 now, I settled on a rust free 68 coupe, deep red in color, 302 with C-4 tranny. engine upgraded to 330 HP and tranny beefed up.Factory air and power brakes. full rolling restoration. My Grandson has already claimed it, and since he helped me work on it, he gets it after I pull the hot engine and put a six banger in it. Just kidding, or am I!

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Feb-09-08 AT 08:32PM (MST)[p]'65 GTO. Most will tell you it was the car that started the muscle car era. ('64 GTO). The first time I drove it I was in love. 389 tri-power 4 speed.

Run on 2 barrel carb all week to save gas, then hook 'em all back up Friday night. Hang out at the drive-in all night or cruzin' the main drag looking for a street race.

I could replace the car with another one, but those days are gone forever. It's the natural order of things.

Edit:I get a kick out of all the cars they are trying to bring back. The GTO, Charger, Mustang, Challenger, etc. Nice try. It's like bringing back a Babe Ruth baseball card. Too late now, IMO

Eel

My Mid-Life Crisis is none of these cars although I did have a 1970 Firebird and a few years later a 1973 Pontiac Grand Prix. I have been looking for a '73 Grand Prix and they are not around, don't know why. Not a muscle car but a real nice car and great ride to boot.

My mid-life crisis is a lot older than any of these cars, right Eelgrass???????? LOL

Brian

Brian, forget it! 49 Mercs are too hard to find and too expensive to lower and chop!

RELH

Here's one for Kilo and RELH. My dad had a '32 Ford with the flat head V8. When he got back from WWII his sister had thrashed it. He never did forgive her even after all these years.

I would have broke both of her legs and drop kicked her through the goal post of life for that stunt.

Although you once again can buy an all metal 32 Ford along with 33 & 34 Fords too. Brookville makes the 32's and the 33's and 34's are out of Portland now from Steve's Auto Restorations.

My 34 is all Henry steel but no flat head.

Brian

Brian, I am not going to even ask what serious bucks you have in that all steel 34. I have a buddy who has built up several 32 rods and he gets 45-50 thousand for the fiberglass ones, higher for the steel bodies. His engines run from 450 to 550 HP and they will do wheelies. Only thing I have against them, he drops chevy engines in them.

RELH

Robert,
Here is the car and it has a 327 Chevy for power. I bought it like this but for a lot less than what they are worth now. Best deal I ever made.
Brian
47af316751511a9e.jpg

Brian;

Was that photo taken at "Cool April Nights"? I am not going to show that picture to my wife. She would make me sell the Mustang and try to buy your car! Very nice drive you have there.

RELH

LAST EDITED ON Feb-10-08 AT 05:10PM (MST)[p]No, this was at our local yearly event called Peggy Sue's All American Cruise which lasts 4 days always in May. They actually have the two main streets down town blocked off for only those who are paid participants to cruise for about a two mile trip. Last year there were 600 registered cars and the rumor is she is having close to a 1,000 cars this year, WAY TOO MANY.

The main streets down town are lined with people watching the cars parade around and music from the 50's is playing though lowd speakers. Biggest thing here each year as far as old cars go. This year it is May 8-11th...........

Some last year came down from Washington state and a few from Nevada, Oregon, and AZ. Forgot, there was even three couples with cars down from Alberta and British Columbia too, got the longest traveled award.

Brian

Click-a-Pic ... Details & Bigger Photos
Back
Top Bottom